1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where are the Snooty dogs?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by slim12, Mar 18, 2015.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

It was deleted because looking for pups, adults, studs etc is reserved for Premium Members and inquiries are posted in the Kennel section not the general forums. I believe not far under the rules thread is a thread stating this isn't the yellow pages. When people want to be contacted by others they are typically pretty easy to get a hold of as Bama already stated, she isn't hard to contact but asking a bunch of strangers on a public forum is probably not the best way to go about it.

2. vellie

vellie Big Dog

ok so i got it.when some one offers you help.,that is not allowed.wow

3. vellie

vellie Big Dog

4. titan888

titan888 Pup

Back in the day dogmen didnt discriminate based of color or looks. Function over form was the key. Today good dogs can be looked over because of being the "wrong" bloodline or a "staff". Ruffian being one of them, though based off black jack. They throw big blue and grey dogs sometimes.. But look at Black Jacks pedigree!..No one gave a f about "staff" this or "blue" dog that.. it was about what actually wins. Im sure there are many great descendants off black jack that never got the credit.

A blind man could see some of the most famous dogs in history were staff and all the great dogmen used them including Mr. Carver. Snooty, Stomponato, Tacoma Jack, Colby dogs, Jeep was a great example of this cross, etc. The only limits we have is the ones we put on ourselves. Yes it clicks great if you know what to do...

5. mr. irvin

mr. irvin Banned

am looking for a snooty bitch as of right now to cross with hellbend .I heard tg had a direct son/ buckskn male, wondering how is he producing?

6. mr. irvin

mr. irvin Banned

ld like to see how he's producing

7. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

I strongly disagree with your opinion here.....

I would never knowingly breed to a Staff or any dog down from a Staff. And to add to that, I do not personally know any true breeders of the Gamebred APBT that would either. What was done in the far distant past is something in and of itself and can be debated. I cannot believe that you can continue to produce any kind of game dog unless you are breeding game bred dogs and to outcross into something like a Staff would just be undoing everything that has already been acheived.

8. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

What you are is a purist in the modern sense of the word as it applies to today's APBT. I do understand what titan stated and the logic behind it. If you carefully consider the significance of form over function then you might understand how someone may be able to observe something in a staff that another who's main concern is form would never even allow for in his/her reasoning. On paper it would look like a complete undoing but if you are not concerned with paper and your goal is pure function and you are given to insights about specific dogs that others are oblivious to then I can see how an APBT/staff cross could result for a specific function. This is only my humble but most objective opinion based on my particular knowledge.

9. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

Thank you!

It really has nothing to do with paper breeding. It all comes down to performance and the ability to pass on inheirited traits. If someone knows of a truely game line of Staff's that reproduces itself in the modern era, please enlighten me. I am not interested in something that cannot reproduce itself.

I also have nothing against Staff's. They are great dogs as are many other types/breeds of dogs. I simply believe that the APBT is in a league all of thier own and they do not need anything more from any other breed for me to be satisfied with them. If others believe they can improve on the APBT by breeding them to Staff's, then more power to them and I wish them tons of luck....cause they are going to need it.

10. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Hall Of Fame

an older thread that has some good staffs in it. It's just another name for a dog, by another regisrty, and in some places in the world can still be found bred true...but not on a mass scale - - I always get a kick out of it when folks act like there aint any good "insert bloodline or coat color or registry" dogs - Its like saying a small dog is better than a large one, or vice -versa. ..or like saying two overweight people can not produce an offspring that is athletic..

Some of the most prolific breeders in the history of the breed have used other stock to add an extra edge.
    You think that there are not some out there still using "staffs" ???

Not sure about that post..... but some "form" may be needed along the way for some that breed too tight. This is present in our dogs history worldwide in pedigrees since they have been kept track of.

11. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

Guess i missed the boat with this one.......should've been breeding Staff's into my dogs a long time ago....lol...I would have an edge that has been missing and my dogs would be much better. Just kidding McCoy....

Sure there are good dogs of other breeds and there are great Staff dogs as well. If you need to cross your gamedogs into Staff blood for an edge or for better conformation, something has gone wrong somewhere IMO. There are plenty of APBT bloodlines that have great conformation and ability that would fit the bill. I do not feel that anyone breeding for gameness would do it and expect to be successfull for very long. I also know that everyone is different and free to do whatever they choose when it comes to thier dogs. It's really just a matter of what you want out of your dogs.

The first dog I ever saw that made me want a bulldog was a 35# brindle staff. He was just beautiful. He was the most stunning dog I had ever seen. His owner told me he was a registered staff and that everyone just called him a pitbull. We were camping at the lake, when I was still a kid when i saw him, and his owner let me walk him and have a good time with him for a couple of days. The dog loved it and I did too. From then on I was hooked and with good reason.

12. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

I agree with this statement. & with ELIAS"PISTOLA"s remarks about the Ruffian bloodline.
    1st. I really been with these dogs since the 1970's & have pics & people to confirm it. I also know that since then to many people got into dogs with the want the baby without the labor mentality especially with knowledge.
    Meaning short cuts & put stuff into a nutshell when they don't even fit. Since I have been into dogs since the 70's, people who breed working dogs (pitbulls) cull the ones that are not game. People into staffs,(so called not working dogs) cull dogs that "ARE GAME". You not have working dogs from Carver bloodline. He used staffs bred by staff breeders along with his pitbulls. Fact!
    A lot others did. Corvino dogs were also registered as"Staffs" & pitbulls.
    Now lets get to present day. A lot of dogs & bloodlines have fake papers & breeding's period! The longer your into dogs the more you'll learn the truth.
    You can read about it from either Pete Sparks in a Colby book or other old material.
    2nd. No real working yard base dogs on Colors or papers! They base on winners & losers & nothing else.
    A novice starting off or someone who has never done anything but buy dogs will focus more on breeding than actual performance.
    Personally I can careless if the dogs is orange with green & purple pokey dots & registered as purest of the pure bred staffs.
    The papers DON'T MAKE HIM A PIT BULL! PROVEN HIMSELF IS WHAT MAKES HIM A PITBULL. A lot these days are turning pitbulls into staffs breeding based on papers alone.
    That's how staffs became what they are! The all come from the exact same stock as modern day game dogs.
    Some used & worked them while others just looked @ the papers & bred them. Most these days are doing the exact same thing. Fact!
    3rd. It don't matter what your dog comes from that's working but How are you going to keep the bloodline working.
    That means we are all different & have different standards. Some may like a styfill dog while another may like a chest dog, then you have those that like head dogs & so on.
    What that means to those new to it.
    A dog may be game & work but one may still call it no good another may see as perfect to there program.
    4. Just like running a race. It doesn't matter how you start off but how you finish! Just because you start of with dogs you THINK are great doesn't mean yrs down the road you have dogs worth feeding.
    Good dogs came from & come from that hunt! not papers. So if you don't check & cull you will turn pitbull's into staffs.
    5. Look @ how much % wise does a dogs actually have. Once you cross it, it fades away. You can breed stuff out or keep it around. It don't just stay there because you see it in there.
    6. The years with a family are NOT the same with how many generations you have actually worked with in the family.
    You only know what you see when it comes to performance & bulldogs. Like said before everyone has different standards. A man can have Frisco dogs for 20 yrs but only did "3" breeding' & only seen 3 generations.
    But someone else could have the same Frisco dogs , belly mates starting off as the other but has actually seen 10 generations of those same dogs. This person Knows more about the dogs. Fact!
    So how long a person has with dogs depends on how many dogs that have had hands on with in the family not what they read or heard about!
    7. Most should know that in- order for a child to complete the 3rd grade ,he or she must be able to comprehend what the read. That means understand it. Most should know that in-order for a child to complete the 7 grade ,he or she should understand addition & subtraction even you %. But he fact that a lot these days cannot understand the difference between kennel names & colors or % is so far back it doesn't even matter is just crazy.
    THE RUFFIAN DOGS WERE DOGS JUST AS THE CORVINO & COLBY DOGS. The were heavy to almost pure Tudor dogs.
    I used them & so did a lot others weather they state it or not.
    I breed dogs based on performance & nothing else.
    Here's just one of my breeding's that not only contains Ruffian but also Patrick's Red baby.
    There's more Patrick's blood 25%, & less Brooks blood in them.
    Meaning staffs are closer to the dog coming from Patrick's blood in my dogs than that of the Brooks dog.
    I don't care colors are papers. Just performance.

13. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

14. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Ziggy wit the truth! A lotta guys into GAMEDOGs too worried about peds. The performance pedigree is more important than the paper ped to me. I got both registered and non. Today most guys seem to wanna be a SOMEBODY instead of somebody with good dogs. Back on subject... Where them workin Snooty dogs? The Carolina's??

15. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

So be honest here...How many breeders are there on this board that are actively breeding thier APBT's with Staffs? Not 30-50 years ago....but today. Most won't do it because it is hard enough to breed qualilty dogs within the APBT, let alone outcrossing into something that has been bred differently for more than half a century.

It has nothing to do with papers guys, everyone should know that.

16. bobm

bobm Pup

Too....much....common......sense.....oowww, my head is hurting.....
    But I WANT my oompaloompa with the amstaff in it

17. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Thanks for the laugh Bobm, I think anybody with any sense would agree...

18. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

lol..............

19. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

chocolate covered strawberries.. :) yummy , me too.
    take it to the Ott's CH Bullet
    and leave ol Snooty thread live on.

20. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

Exactly McCoy, I'll leave it all alone..............sorry for hijacking the thread.