1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where Do(es) Your House Dog(s) Sleep at Night?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Nell_Bell, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Just wondering what the sleeping arrangements are for everyone's house dogs?

He he....Nell had never even seen a doorway when I got her about a year ago. Now she is an official bed hog along with my 2 little guys and the cat. It has become Noah's ark.

Problem is I will wake up with her head on my pillow, or worse yet, a face full of dog butt :eek: and if I get up to use the bathroom she is curled up in my spot looking all innocent upon my return :rolleyes:

Anyhoo.. where do y'all keep your priveledged ones at night? Your room? Your bed? Dog bed? Crate? Basement?

2. WNK

WNK Big Dog

I sleep rotatory - one day at the attic with Püppi (she sleeps in the bed) - and the other day first floor with my three boys, Paule, Pablo and Pálli. Pablo sleeps in the bed, the other two dogs in my room.

3. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

All three dogs sleep in my bed ( crazy I know )
    We got it wired, each has thier own spot in the bed and stay there all through the night. I can feel every movement the dogs make so noone is aloud to deviate from thier designated spot. Otis sleeps at my feet, Shelby sleeps against my back and Dash my JRT sleeps under my pillow. Its not the most comfy arrangement but it works and there is absolutely no thought for any spontanious activities between me and the Mrs, thats what the crates are for lol.

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

OK. China sleeps in my bedroom beside my bed on her comfy bed, and Tinker sleeps in my bed, under the cover, at my feet, my back, my stomach or on the pillow with me. She has no designated spot, but it would be nice if she did...

5. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Mine slept under my sheets for years, either up against my back or down by my legs, but it just got too uncomfortable so she has a dog bed beside my spot and the couch. She's old and her hips hurt her so most of the time she sleeps on the dog bed. When there is a thunderstorm I still let her in the bed, not that I have a choice, lol.

6. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

I have a white comforter cover (it's annoying but oh well) so two have their own little blanket at the end of the bed within foot range so I can nudge them if they are snoring. The other sleeps on her bed on the ground, and my chi sleeps in his crate. He likes to get inside the comforter cover and I end up loosing him in the middle of the night and am afraid I'll smoosh him -lol-

7. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

I have three dogs that stay outside (Eros, Johnny, and Elu), the rest stay in the house.
    In the house...
    My Zeus (akita), Ruckus (border collie), Miche (min pin/jack mix), and Georgie (chihuahua) are loose in the main part of the house.
    Jaeger (APBT), Envy (APBT), Gidget (Min Pin), Cuda (Min Pin), and Mercy (JRT) sleep in my bedroom; normally in my bed.
    Hennessy (APBT), Patron (APBT), Amira (APBT), Kainda (Patterdale) sleep in their crates.

8. Muttkip

Muttkip Big Dog

Beau sleeps in my bed with me, he even has his own pillow, it's a king size bed so he has his own entire side. Moe sleeps in his crate, Wrigley sleeps in his crate. Snoopy sleeps in the kitchen on his rug, Sadie sleeps in the bathroom, and Shorty sleeps in the kitchen as well.

9. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

well for right now Neiko sleeps on his bed thats right next to my bed.. and Lola gets the crate in the living room casue she is a puppy....

Since i moved out of my parents house NO PETS ON THE BED/COUCH!

and i like it :)

10. my boy deebo sleeps at the foot of the bed on the floor, usually on top off a pile of my dirty cloths. yes, i aware they make clothes hampers but whatever. he likes the smell of funky clothes...what can i say? this is on occasion, usually when it cold outside. most of time my dogs sleep outside....where a dog is supposed to sleep. in the bed? :rolleyes: lol

11. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

Pax sleeps at the foot of the bed. The old lady Pecha sleeps on her dog bed most of the time but sometimes comes up and hogs the covers and drools on my pillow.

12. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

well i have to say that my petbull Eve loves to sleep with us but my wife gets kicked out slowly during the night...lol... i'm a very heavy sleeper as far as the bed is concerned' cause any & everyone can move around & I won't wake up, but if I hear a noise outside i'm up like a cat...lol.. so anyway being that I sleep heavy on the bed Eve likes to sleep next to me so she slowly cuddles up to me and slowly during the night she lays to her side and pushes my wife off the bed... so now she has to sleep in her crate just like the rest...:o:o:(

13. Groaners

Groaners Pup

Well my dogs are nasty ole hunting dogs :) not house dogs but at nite they have the run of the house and they sure do like my bed. :rolleyes: Wherever they feel comfortable I guess. My male will sleep by my feet and my female has to be right on up by my face...

14. augustL

augustL Pup

I like this thread. A lot of y'all talk so hard, but you are probably all snuggled up with the dogs right now ;-)
    Only one of my dogs is allowed in my room, and he sleeps in the bed. I sometimes wake up and think there is a dude in my bed, cause Shiner farts, snores, and kicks me all night.

15. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Im sorry folks, But as much as I love my dogs, I do not allow none to sleep in the bed with me...I only allow the dogs ( one @ a time ) in the hose on special ocassions. Im a firm believer that dogs were meant to live outside and outside only. There are acceptions for some (breed or folk) , but not for me. Not saying ive never let them in, cuz I do...They jus dont live inside cuz there not inside dogs...

Cutt

16. beanieman

beanieman Banned

kennels and sometimes (when i'm a little bit lonely) one just snugs with me for the night.
    But mostly only there kennels ore else i don't have a good night sleep:D

17. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

my dog sleeps in our washroom and outside during the day. I dont mind a dog inside But i AGREE with cutthroat anyhow its healthier imo for them and for us.:)

lol btw you guys with your dogs in your beds better be carefull the humane society will come up with a reason why it might be considered abuse lool.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
  18. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

My dog has a kennel and dog bed next to my bed. He has never been in my bed or on the couch. Its a pet peeve of mine.

19. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

100%100 outside. can stay at home when i'm at home.but i don't like sleep with dogs, they stink so much and mess my bed:(

20. InBearsMemory

InBearsMemory Big Dog

Two of my dogs sleep in their steel crates which are located on the left and right side of our bed and stuffed to the rim with pillows and blankets. They find those more comfortable than the bed, lol. My third dog got her own little sleeping spot next to the closet with a few blankets but she usually does her own thing during the night and sleeps wherever she feels like it, the bed, the couch etc.