1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where have all the pied Colby dogs gone?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by ABK, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Back when I was growing up we had 2 pure Colby dogs, one was white & brindle piebald & one brindle with a white head & white irish markings. Where have all the "old time" looking Colby dogs gone - the ones that looked like Pincher, Joker, etc.? All the breeders I have seen thus far that have Colby dogs are solid red, solid buckskin, solid brindle & a few that are fawn with white irish markings.

What gives??

2. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Most I've seen online these days are mostly brindle, and my little gyp is solid brindle, Her sire and dam are solid brindle, their parents sept for Sam, were brindle I believe... Maybe caver took up all the piebald colby's and put em to his staffs....

3. [​IMG]

Colby's Floyd @ 7 months

4. AGame

AGame CH Dog

i know a man who used to run some tight colby blood and damn near all the dogs on his yard were pied i havent talk to him in a number of years but i do know he sold out but i can try to get in touch with someone who knows where the dogs are now

5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

canuck - I guess I should have clarified, white & brindle pied, you know like the old time dogs.

AGame - That would be great. PM me if you like. I would one day like to obtain a pure Colby dog that was like the ones I had growing up. Nostalgia I guess. lol.

6. No problem, they still exist on the Colby Yards.

7. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Thanks! ;)

8. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

This one doesn't have a ped, but I do believe he has a very classic APBT look to him...I don't think I'd classify him as piebald, but he does have the brindle body and white head/chest like many of the older Colby dogs. Just sharing pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

great looking dog!!! :)

10. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

She doesn't have a ped but she has the marks? :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

I guess the dog I shared pictures of has irish markings? I looked it up. Oh well, he is a fine looking animal anyway lol

12. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Here are two that are marked up right:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Damn, that is a beauty!

14. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I can't imagine why you would like that one...

15. BigT

BigT Pup

I have an 11 year old male (Blitzen X Molly) that I bought from Louis Colby. He is a dead ringer for Colby's Galtie II. Not quite "pied" but a really nice looking dog. I have never had a dog that received so many compliments.

16. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

I know some one that breed them, pure Colby you not going to find them like that any where:cool:

17. rally - Thanks! We couldn't be happier with him.

Robber - We're more concerned with how he acts then how he looks.

Floyd's from J Colby's yard down here in Texas. There are a few nice looking dogs being posted on here.

18. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I was just joking about Rally being biased because it looks like one of his - I think it looks super, too.

19. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

now that you mention it, they do look a bit alike....
    [​IMG]

20. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

one of these days I may get a colby pup. You guys recomend any from other that the source?