1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where Is The Outrage (and information)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by drivers29, Oct 26, 2006.

1. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

That's why I use FQHR! I had two incidences with AQHA that really turned me away. The first was when I showed my stud in a reining class. I'll be honest, we were great, but we got third. After the show I asked what we were doing wrong and they said nothing, but the percentage of silver was too low! The second was when I went to a show to see a filly I had sold and they entered her in an open trail class. It was her first class and she did good but didn't place. I asked then too and they said, "Well, why wasn't her mane cut?" WTF! So a good trail horse can't have a long mane? On the other hand I once took my stud in a FQHR open halter class and he won. I was in barn jeans, with manure on them, and he was in an old halter.

2. pancho

pancho Guest

Cross bred dogs are not something new. There were many in the old days. It was a lot easier then. If they didn't work out they were destroyed. No one wanted a fighting dog that couldn't fight. Pets were easy to come by and the extra care of a fighting dog that was a cur wasn't something people would spend any money on. Looks were not as important then as they are today. If the cross worked and the dog turned out there was really no need for papers. Most didn't really want others to know how they produced their winning dog. Many didn't keep even the minimum pedigrees.

Nowdays the crosses are sold for their looks and we have more showing up. They do not have to perform, they only have to look good to someone.

3. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

In the book "30 Years With Fighting Dogs" George C. Armitage talks about a man who bred game Bull Terriers. It also says people mixed those dogs with pits.

4. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I knew AQHA was getting really technical, political and snooty- but that is just disgusting and over the top. FQHR, eh? Have to look into them. It's so crazy keeping up with all the registeries these days. Currently I'm desperately trying to keep up with rules and regulations with AQHA, TWHBEA, ASHA, NHSC, SSHBEA, RHBAA and even the friggin USDA who conducts inspections at some of the shows. It's madness.

5. sorry i aint been on this thread for a bit,thats why i was kind of slow responding.ok so you want to know the diffrence between a RE/Gotti blue dogs and a bulldog wich is what i call my gamedogs.well lets start with the obvious first of the difference between the 2 physically.you gamedog will be anywheres from 30-55 or 60 lbs os lean muscle,they are a medium sized dog that was bred for work and for fighting.they have a medium sized head in proportion to the size of their body it is brick like across the top and they have very large musclar jaws.now these dogs can go for hours on end with anything they do,they can run for miles jump like fleas pull numerous times their own weight and do just about anything you throw at them with ease.these animals are 100% the original APBT.they have outstanding tempermant with all humans but they can be very aggerssive towards other animals espically other dogs.your game bred bulldog is about the healthiest dog around they have no known health problems,they live to be ripe old ages and itisnt uncommon to see a game bred dog at the age of 10 or 12 running around like he is a pup of a year old.now i can go on and on about game dogs but i am just going to keep it simple.now onto your RE/Gotti dogs,these animals are bred for nothing but to make money.they usually average out to be way over 100 pounds,they are usually very low to the ground sometimes weighing 130 pounds and standing 22 inches or less tall,they usually have a massive head way out of proportion to their bodies,they are bred strictly for color and looks with no thought giving to the health problems that they will encounter later on.they are usually plegged with health problems often starting when they are just 3 or 4 years old they can get everything from seizures to hip dysplisia.they can barely move let alone run for miles and do things like our dogs can,their legs are usually either bowed out severley or they get arthiritis from carrying so much weight on a leg that is to small.they usually are not as dog aggerssive but they are usually people aggerissve and usually the breeders of these animals breed for this trait so they will be more appealing to the crowd who enjoys these lines of dogs.they are mixed with other breeds of dogs such as mastiffs and neo mastiffs to get that size and such.they are just all around bad news imo,now there are exceptions but they are not common at all.there are exceptions where they are very well put together,and very athletic and have a excellent dispostion but it is not very common.in case you havent seen the dogs before i am going to post 2 pictures,the first is a good example of a game bred bulldog,and the second of a RE/Gotti type dog.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. as you can see the diffrences are extreme and can only be accomplished from mixing other breeds of animals with the true APBT to get the end result.

7. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

good post tex. I think that sums it up real quick for the new people...

8. well that was the goal,keep it simple and show them good evidence so they could see the differences with their own 2 eyes.