1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where Will Peyton Go.

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Lakewood Dogger, Mar 10, 2012.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

todays NFL is a joke when compaird to past decades. but realy theres player of yester year like art shell,jack lambert, steve atwater who really would be doing time for there play in todays world. folks is all up in arms about detroit and there d-line being dirty. well checkout the doomsday D-fence the cowboys had in the 70/80's or buddy ryan defence in philly with white and brown. 2012 the NO FUN LEAUGE is what it is so might as well play two hand touch with a nurf ball.

2. Icepick

Icepick Banned

My feelings exactly, and I would add the Steel Curtain and Dick Butkus to the list of examples you gave too! I think Butkus was renowned for biting people that were in piles. But, instead of touch football, I was thinking the NFL might give flag football a try first lol.

3. Does anyone remember when the Bears were good? Do you remember after they won the Super Bowl and that guy slammed Jim McMan on his shoulder and broke it? That was a bounty. The problem now is that the NFL is corporate America. There is no more Father and Sons watching. Corporate America and there President Roger Goodell is not going to stand for this. Why do you think he is pushing for a team in England?

4. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Yep Bears were THE team in 85, and mostly due to their defense. I think that slam happened in 86 or 7, and was terrible! McMahon had got rid of the ball way before that guy slammed him from behind... I think the whole play may have even been over, but cant remember the exact details now.

5. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Heres the slam

[video=youtube;lTLlaMY_9PM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTLlaMY_9PM[/video]

6. You are correct. There was a bounty because with Jim out, they were going no where. There also may have been a bounty on Daryl Stingly. The one that Jack Tatum(the Assassin) paralyzed. He eluded to it in his book but didn't come out and say it.

Butkus, LT, Carl Banks, it is football. When Carl Banks heard of this, his response was that you can tell that people have not been in a NFL locker room. It happens all the time.

7. Precisely. Now if that happened, they deserved the sanctions that the Saints got. Imagine if that happened today. Like BB said, that guy goes to jail. No if, and or but about it.

8. elifan

elifan Big Dog

The bears were last good in the mid to late 80's IMO,I think charles martin from the packers made the illegal hit on jim mcmahon that's when I think flutie took over

9. elifan

elifan Big Dog

Iam a lil late with the reply lol

10. I don't remember Flutie taking over there. I know he was in Buffalo. I could be wrong.

11. elifan

elifan Big Dog

Iam pretty sure it was 1985 or 86 mcmahon got taken out by that hit then flutie flakes took over

12. elifan

elifan Big Dog

He played a few pro season's then he started playing some Canadian ball then he later emerged with the bills in 98

13. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Yeah, that shit was assault !!!

14. What are some opinions on the draft. Is Luck the next Elway or the next Ryan Leaf? Is RGIII the next Mike Vick or his he the next Tavaris Jackson?

15. Icepick

Icepick Banned

I dont put muck stock in college QB's, and Leaf is a good example lol. If I were to select one though, it would be RG3!

16. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

There was a safty that played for the Cardinals Chuck Cecil that got fined an ran out of the NFL for how hard he hit.Cecil only weighed around 170 lbs but he would knock guys out.When interviewed Cecil said I was taught since a kid to put my head in their numbers and drive forward.Now they say that I can't do it and fine me.Foot ball has changed so much.When they throw a flag because a defensive player is illegally chopped blocked and goes down and rolls into Brady and the defensive player gets the flag for an illegal hit on the QB. People tune in to watch the Ravens and Steelers play because there is going to be some heavy hitting and that is how football is played.Tatum.Lott,Butkus,Kiniski,Lambert,Shell,Cecil,Atwater, would never be able to play today and if these rules where in place back then football wouldn't have grown to be as big as it is.

17. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Anybody here other than me, remember when this happened??? I think he was fined, but thats been so long ago I cant really remember lol. And who says the defense is the only ones doing the hitting!

[video=youtube;y0O7973Ew8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7973Ew8A[/video]

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

RG3 is better then luck steve wonder can see that. the only thing luck has over RG3 is the way he reads defence at the line. thats due to the pro style stanford runs. he is no mike vick becusae RG3 is a pocket passer that is a athleet. a new hybred type of QB. luck wasnt the best qb in ncaa and i doubt he will be the best qb in the draft.

19. I'm not sold on Luck. I wouldn't take RGIII though.

20. I don't see it. Not saying Luck is going to be great. Cannot see RGIII being good in Washington.