1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

while walkin pits........

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BazookaJoe, Feb 4, 2005.

1. OK i have a question i live in TX and I'm and experienced APBT owner when i walk my boy flip and when my other friends walk our dogs, sometime stray dogs or dogs from some idiots that let there dogs run loose and leave there gates open will run out to the street and try and either bite me and my friends or our dogs.My boy LIL FLIP is very protective of me, and is very animal aggressive so when the dogs come out he dosen't waste a second to jump in front of me and attack the the dog. I wanted to know if there is anyway i could get in trouble for walkin my dog on a leash minding my own busniness and some rott or big wanna be pit bull mutt runs out after us andmy dog defends us. My dog has already bitten 2 people that tryed to fight be so they could steal my dog.And when we walk puppies lots of peopel will stop and ask if we will sell them,, and everytime it happens my friends get a lil nervious because his dog won't attack peopel if threatened. well i just really wanted to now if there was a way i could get in trouble if my dog where to attack another dog defending me, my mom told me to buy a tread mill but i like to walk them by hand much more. well thanks in advance for your responces.

Spencer,

2. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

I Dont Know, Anything Is Possible... If You Dont Have The Evidence, What Can You Say... They Can Say That Your The One That Did All That (obvious You Own A Pit)... I Dont Know I Would Just Stay Away From All That Walking Stuff, Or Do It Somewhere Else... Try Getting A Mill...

3. APBT

APBT Big Dog

I got that problem too because i live right near the city and all these dogs running up are gona get killed and i don't wana get my dog taken away because of someone elses mutt.

4. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

Well Thats When The Mill Comes In... I Have Problems Like That Too... Cops Following Me, Watching What Iam Going To Do... I Got Tired Of That So I Just Went And Got Me A Mill...

5. pitty0250

pitty0250 Pup

If your dog is an a leash an some other dog run's up to you, then the owner of the unleashed dog is at fault.... My Brother has an Akita and boy he does not like other male dogs. On one his dog attacked an other dog and the other occasion a drunk man. On the first occation he was walking his dog in the park and an unleashed german sheppard was running aound. My brother told the owners to leash their dog and the said " Oh don't worry our dog won't hurt yours" my brother then replied "i'm not worried about your dog!" needless to say the dog came right for my brothers dog, the got into it and my brothers Akita caused sevier damage to their dog. They then freaked out and called the cops. My brother already new they were at fault. So when the cops showed up they told the two men that they better seek medical attention fast for there dog and my brother walked home.
    Now the second occation my brother again was walking his dog (leashed og corse) and a drunk man was walking by and then desided that he was going to run up to the dog to play (I guess). my brother told him that thats not a smart thing to do with any dog that you do not know. They then got into an arguement and the man desided to pull the dogs tail and then the dog turned and bit the mans arm. Again the cops where called and the man was at fault.
    Now that is how it is in canada as far as the states I do belive that it is the same but it may vary from state to state. Check with your city humane society.

6. Thanks For The Info And Jeep You Got A Bad Azz Signature Pic. Scareface Is The Man. But Back To The Origanal Topic I Say If My Dog Is Leashed There Is A Leash Law So If Some Idoit Leaves There Gate Open And They Know There Dog Is Aggreessive And It Comes Out And My Dog Tears Him A New One It All There Fault For Leavint He Gate Open, And By He Time The Cops Get There I'd Be Gone, Not My Fault My Dog Was Just Defending Me. That What I Told The Cops When A Guy That Used To Be My Friend But Broke Into My Garage And Stole Some Stuff Then We Had Beef Ever Sence Then, So One Day He Ran Up On Me And You Know When Somebody Is Gonna Hit You So I Told Him To Wait And Let Me Chain My Dog Up So We Can Settle All The Bull Sh*t With Our Fists, But He Didn't Listen And Sucker Punched Me But I Moved And He Hit My Shoulder Once He Hit Me My Dog Bite His Ankle/calf And Wouldn't Let Go, And That Dude Was Screamin And Yellin His Ass Off, So I Hooked The Link To The Fence And Just Left Him There And Told Him Look What Happens When Ya Fu*ck With Me, And Then His Brother Ran Over There And Stomped My Dog Flip In The Head To Get Him To Let Go And It Took 3 Stomps To Get Him Off And I Let Him Stomp Him Off Just So That When He Finished And My Dog Let Go I Punched The Sh*t Outta Him For Kickin My Dog, Then His Parents Came And A Whoel Bunch Of Sh*t Happend Cops Came And I Had To Show Proff Or Rabies Shot And I Had 4 Witneses Sayin What Happened. So Now When Ever They See Me They Know Nto To Mess With Me Or My Dog. Put When It Comes Tothose Cops Or Aspca Mofo's That Hate Pits All I Got To Say To Them Is Fu*ck You!!!!!!! But Thanks For All The Info. Peace

Spencer,

7. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

hey but you own a pit... your neighbors dont... so just think about it, who are the cops going to believe... someone with a pit, or someone with a golder retriever?

8. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

Put When It Comes Tothose Cops Or Aspca Mofo's That Hate Pits All I Got To Say To Them Is Fu*ck You!!!!!!!
    That won't work, when it comes to ur doggie being invalved in a street scuffle the finger will be pointed at ur pit. Besides, why subject him to that anyhow? Why not find a better place to walk him? If it were me I would rather not talk to the cops.....

9. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Yeh I have the same problem now. I can't even walk my dog at the park anymore. I have to take her somewhere else. The cops are always over there watching me and now the animal control cruise through there. So now I'm aparanoid as hell. I'll just have to find another spot to go to. Oh well...

10. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Big Dog

People like this make me feel very confident that we will win the battle against BSL :D (that was said with overflowing amounts of sarcasm for all of you slow ones reading this)

Seriously, you are the type of person who should not be allowed to own a pit bull. I walk my dog everywhere, literally, I have no car. (come on people it was another joke) I really do walk my dog everywhere, residential areas, commercial areas and in the woods. Guess how many times I have had a problem with stray dogs rushing me and attacking my dog? Come on, take a guess. Once. Just one time has a dog actually been brave enough to approach my dog and I while out on a walk, and after a brief yell and quick stomp towards the approaching dog, the dog ran off and nothing happened. By allowing your dog to constantly be attacked by strays you are showing your dog that you are an inadequate alpha, and completely uncapable of keeping your dog out of bad situations. Your dog is going to realize that you are not a good pack leader and your dog is going to become nervous, anxious, and always on edge because of your poor leadership ability. Now, this may or may not result in your dog becoming a fear biter, but it definately does not look good, and if your dog does become a fear biter, not only will it be a danger to other animals, but more than likely humans also. I would advise that you start acting like a responsible owner and stop allowing this to happen, or else you are going to end up losing your dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005
  11. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Blitzkrieg seriously you are the type of person who lives in his own reality. You must be one of those well to do people that live in the Suburbs where every thing is peachy keen. There is a leash law and its not our fault if the other dog is loose we cant control other peoples dogs but we can control our own. As for being attack just once you mustve been lucky try coming to my neighborhood and walk your dog both you and your dog would of gotton mauld and then you can blame yourself for being a iresponsible owner lol...

12. waters

waters Big Dog

I Walk My Dog Everywhere As Well. I Suggest Carrying A Break Stick. I Know Some Police Officers With Some Good Blooded Pits And They Told Me As Long As My Dog Is On A Leash And I Did My Best To Control My Dog With Out Endagering Myself, Then There Is No Problem. I Have The Problem Of Dogs Running Loose Up Here I Just Try And Stick To The Areas Where I Think Most Animals Will Not Be Loose. Good Luck.

13. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

usally the pit will always be blamed even if it is the pit that is the one on the leash.its sad but true.I was the victim of this last summer when a lab twice the size of my dog Rusty came up and when my dog almost rip its ear off I was the one that ended up having to plea with the cops that it wasn't my dogs fault.the owners of the lab acually thought I should pay the vet bill for the stitchs..........can you believe that shit?seems I am the only person around my area that thinks this is not my fault.Do you think this would have been the same reaction if Rusty was also a lab?

14. What You Don't Under Stand Is That Over Here Everybody And There Brother Has Pits When Yo Stomp At A Pit Runnin Outta Open Gate With One Thing On His Mind And That Is To Fight Your Dog I Woudl Love To See Your Monkey Azz Yell Stop And Watch You Get Ya Arm Ripped Off. You Act Like I Want My Dog To Get Into Street Fights. When Lil Dogs Come Out I Pull My Dog Away And Tell Him No I Don't Want Him To Kill A Lil Dog, But When A Big Pit,bulldog,rott, Type Dog Comes Out They Not Scareed Of People Or My Dog, They Wanna Fight So Why Pull My Dog Away When All That Does Is Give The Other Dog A Clear Shot At Bittin My Dog, I Let My Dog Handle His Business And Most Of The Time When The Other Dog Gets Bitten It Iwll Run Off Crying. And If Not I Where A Size 12 Boot And I'll Kick The Sh*t Outta Teh Other Dog Or Stab It Iwht My Knife Anything. Peopel Are Not Reluctent To Call The Cops Over Here. When Stuff Happens We Take Care Of It Our Selfs.

15. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

like i said... just get a mill and everything will be solved...

16. The Mill Is True But Why Pay 200 For A Carpet Will And Have The Risk Of Overworking Them Or Pay Like A G For A Slat Mill, I'd Rather Walk My Dog On The Street, But Them Dawm Loose Dogs Are A Problem. I Got An Acre Of Land And Afte Rmy Dog Got In A Fight With A Big Mastiff/pit Mix I Used Ot Wlak Him In The Yard But That Get Sold And Boring, I Liek To Get Out And Walk Him On The Streets To Toughen Up His Pads And Get His Muscles Workin, But After This Pos Ti'm Gona Rpolly Goo Ut An Dget A Carpet Mill So His Muscles Get Get More Defintion And Toned To Them.

17. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

Whats this supposed to mean?

18. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

DO I SMELL A SNITCH???
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, I know how Bazooka feals... EVERYONES dogs run loose were I live... (I live in the sticks) but mine are the only ones that have been popped for running loose... and I have called the ASPCA multiple times about the neighbors cocker spaniel... and that thing bit me!!

19. Hey Powder I Ment To Type After Readin This Post And All The Sh*t It Causein Just Gonna Go Ahead And Get A Mill, I Can't Type For Chit When I Try And Type Fast.

20. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

I also live out in the sticks and it only seems to be a problem when my dogs bite another dog........and my dogs are never running lose