1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who Here Has Successfully Inbred Their Dogs?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by bounty, Apr 16, 2013.

1. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [450703] :: SBB'S & DTS'S VICIOUS 50 AKA NOISY RED 1XW this one was sent to us and is the result of an accidental breeding and he sounds exactly like the inbred sorrels hound except for the bad air trait.

2. best2best

best2best Big Dog

Done it half sibiling mostly and bring it back to an uncle and never lose anything its either batter or avrage never got into the full litermates breeding cause u tend to lose to much if its to presever the blood ok I would consider it but those to littermates have to but outta this world great for me to do that one! Now on the flip side of things I will pick up a heavy inbred bitch to add that tight gene pool to my line bred gene pool to creat an opening into both lines and that when I usllay see my best propects! Jmo

3. Jockamoe

Jockamoe Banned

Anyone here familiar with the 3x5 seed method of line\in breeding?

4. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Care to elaborate? Is this something that has worked for you?

5. Jockamoe

Jockamoe Banned

3x5 seed is a little complicated and a long term commitment if used to breed gamedogs. I breed my stock with the mindset of a roosterman. I have a set family of chickens this way, which is at least a 6 year process with the birds, but if used on the dogs it would be a 16 year goal (if all are checked properly.) and with some luck. Ok here goes 3x5 seed. Line breed a male to his best daughters up to 5 gens. Take a male from gen 3 and breed it to a female from gen 5. Now take a male from gen 5 and breed to a female from gen 3. see we'll call the first 3x5 seed 1 and the second seed 2 , now hit those together. 3x5 seed! If all dogs are checked this should be a 16 year process. If bred young you could do it in a stud dogs lifetime, otherwise frozen semen will be nessisary. I'm im the process of putting this method into practice at the present time. We'll see how it works for our stock. Maybe it will maybe it won't but it's a sure way to set a tight gene pool for sure.

6. malcom

malcom Pup

no,the only point of breeding should be to improve,if you inbreed once get no better results why go into the gene pool again ? for looks or flash peds.....some folk cant see the wood for the trees not matter how clever they wanna sound

7. skratchr81

skratchr81 Big Dog

Check out bardwells mr reaper 13 years in the making at bayou state kennels. Other than some big ass dingo earrs and a smaller shorter frame than males bred a lil less tighter than he is ...id have to say we've got a helluva lil hound holdin down a spot over here. No proplems or complaints. Got a 1and a half year old daughterof his that was ready to hunt at birth. Beautiful lil 28 pounder named sally out of bardwellls ma barker

8. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

9. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.....ok..ok...how much ya selling them for ......lol...lol....

10. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

Hahahaha! That is good

11. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....there everywhere.....w.t.f.......he sniffing glue or something....??????

12. bounty

bounty Big Dog

Good luck with this...

13. tokn

tokn Pup

When you say inbred what exactly do you mean?
    Father-daughter, mother-son or sister-brother these are the closest possible matings.
    Line breed to particular dog, where in pedigree you have dog that is repeated many times. Or even breeding to certain line means you breed descendants of few related dogs.

Regardless of which case is one thing all have in common, it can not last forever.
    Besides all depended on the genetic strenght of the dog, as well as health.

Inbred dogs, especially if it is a hard inbreeding often are not good producers, of course this is not true for all, but in crossing with other lines they can be exceptional producers.

14. tokn

tokn Pup

ps.
    Inbred dogs often are not good performers, but they can be exceptional producers.

15. tokn

tokn Pup

I see on this forum much debates eu vs. american dogs, balkan vs. America etc.
    I am not interested in that discussions.
    But I'll give a few examples that I know from Croatia, and I am sure that in America there are many such cases.

Davor's Ria was inbreed country boys (snooty) bitch. She was so inbreed that even she had some problems with hind legs at great physical exertion. I think that she was never tested.
    APBT Online Database

When she was mated with Sine's Mad Max GANJA'S (SINE'S MAD MAX) BLACK MAGIC she producet many exceptional dogs.

Best known of these is the Davor's Vili.
    DAVOR'S VILI
    Opinion of many people is that Vili dogs are dumb, hard mouth, bad air dogs.
    But this is not entirely true. Ok, some dogs from that line are like that, especially when they are inbreed it may happen they dont have best lungs. But even from that line is possible to get dogs with good lungs, and they can be good to outcrosses.

Davor's Vili was hard mouth,game, inteligent dog with good air.
    When he was breed to his sister Kora he produced Vili II.
    SOUTH & ZINETTI'S VILI II

When he was breed to his mother Ria he producet Yuma.
    ZINETTI'S YUMA
    In that litter was few match dogs, but they became famous as good producers.

And father of this GERMAN O KNL'S CROATA (AKA CRO) dog is inbreed Vili dog.

16. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Hey! I get to brag for a minute. LOL Our line of dogs for over the last 45 years has been the most successful proven INBRED dogs then anyone in the world. No family of dogs exists that is purer family of dogs then our blood. Based off 2 females and one male born over 45 years ago. Aces, champions, grand champions, Register of Merit, Producer of Record, etc. :lol:

17. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Damn straight. You've earned the right to brag!

18. patjr

patjr Top Dog

Man... I've been patiently waiting for ages to hear about what attributes these 'red devil' dogs possess. Better still, how about the reasons behind the various selections made in the whole body of work dedicated to the APBT and a lifetimes achievement....but then again, respect must be given to privacy so I won't ask.... I think.....lol.....umm anyone keen for some snippets???:coffeetime:

19. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I don't think you will get a response if the attributes questions are based where a answer would be from overture of illegal intent.

20. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Do a search, there is plenty of info on the RD dogs/crosses on here... Plenty to read up on. ;)

Amen. Everyone likes to hand people the noose to hang themselves with these days.
    Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil is a great policy to have now a days..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014