1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Why do people call blue bully's bluenose's

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by catchdog3, Aug 28, 2011.

1. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

Ok I myself own a blue brindle pit but i have never called him a bluenose and every one talks about how rare they are and there not. I have talked to many people about why do you call blue pits bluenose's no one could give me a answer on this and i might be wrong but most of the blue dogs come from the red nose blood lines and they got blue dogs from breeding two black dogs from my under standings i'm not posting to cause any drama or hate on the blue dogs i just want 2 know why people are calling them bluenose instead of what they have always been called blues

2. red dogs dont really produce blue dogs look at old family red nose dogs... but a blue dog can throw a red dog... blue is just a black dilute ect call it a blue nose cause its got a blue nose... alot of people believe blues to be curs anyways so not sure if your gonna get any good info.

3. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Alot of people that dont know factual info about apbt confuse the color of the nose as being a bloodline or meaning its more game or "meaner" than other apbts. Color of the nose is nothing but a color. And if their asking you is your dog a blue nose theirs no need to get in a conversation with them because they obviously dont know anything about the breed. Who cares what color nose it has. Its like asking someone with faded black shoes on are their shoes blue. Who cares. Seen too many ads that use a dogs nose color or markings as a selling point-"blue nose, red nose, reverse blue brindle," and my favorite, "tiger striped". Search the forum, lots of threads dealing with blues and the origin and FACTS about how you get blue dogs. Wish i could post a link for you but my computer skills are minimal. I leave that to my bro.

4. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Blue is a recessive gene. A red dog can throw a blue. Know that for a fact. Mine came out of a red/blk mask stud and red/red nosed dam. But like you said most believe them to be curs. I believe that too because most blues ive seen have staff blood in em plus were bred for nothing but for that color. Mine dont and he is the first blue ive seen with my own eyes that i personally know and own that isnt. He is a gamebred dog and luckily (for him if hes gonna live at my house) he got that gameness i was hopn for. Thats the only reason he was kept was to see if that opinion people and myself have about blues to be true or not with him. Because if he didnt he would have been neutered and given away. But since he is game and IF he is ever bred it wont be to another blue dog, even though everybody and they mama i meet when hes riding in the car with me want me to breed him to their blue cause they would have "pretty puppies." Umm NO!

5. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I tend to not look at nor focus on color. I see dogs for what they are. As long as it is able to be trained, moves great, and is of stable temperment, it has a chance here at our place. Dogs are dogs, people are people. Who is responsible for the issues and differences in between the types? I think the dogs should answer for their choices...come on.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
  6. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Generally don't care about color either but I'm racist against blues, lol. Just because I see so many of them big blue hippo dogs being paraded around as "pits" so when I see blue I tend to think it's got that hippo blood. Obviously that's not always the case. But it's pretty rare to see a well bred dog that's blue.

7. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

well i'm not judging a dog on color of nose but i've been around the breed long enough all of these people think there rare when there not but what i'm getting at is that i've never seen a blue nose dog i for one own a blue brindle male but his blood lines are pretty good i think his blood line is eli/watchdog/subzero

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

It's the same reason why people call red nose dogs red nose pits they don't know any better. Calling a dog blue nose or red nose only refers to the color of the dogs nose. Those are not bloodlines or breeds. Also Pit or Pit Bull is not a breed it's a generic term used to lump together several bulldog type breeds. As far as where blue dog's come from? Well that's a debate that really depends on who you ask. In the history of game dog's or APBT's it's less common for a blue dog to pop up from my understanding the color has always been in the gene pools and got into the gene pool through the blue paul. Blue is a dilute of black it's also a recessive gene in order for it to show in the offspring both parent's have to be carriers of that particular gene. Once you breed blue on blue you can only get blue dogs. I believe the color blue is far more common in the American Bully and the Staffordshire Terriers/ American Staffordshire Terriers than it is the APBT. I have only seen a handful of pedigree's of true APBT's that were blue and stemmed from performance bred bloodlines without there being something crossed in from one of those other breeds mentioned above. I have never referred to a blue nose dog as a blue that is not a bloodline or a breed. I think most dog men culled blue dog's and as someone mentioned believed they were cur's. I know of one Blue Box GR CH and that's Soga

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=231848

9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

A blue dog can only have a blue nose it's genetically impossible for the dogs nose to be any other color but blue. Sometimes blue dog's noses can be very dark and they almost look black but they are really blue.

Watchdog originally was based off catch weight APBT's/Staffs and were bred for performance but now well it's a bully bloodline and who knows what's in those dogs now. I am not even sure if there is anyone left breeding dogs from the original foundation. As for Eli that's an APBT bloodline and I am not familiar with subzero I want to say those dog's have quite a bit of Razor's Edge in them which is another Bully Bloodline. So basically your dog is a cross of APBT/American Bully Blood.

10. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

speaking of blue is their any game bred blue dogs that come far? i've never seen a blue game bred if ders any, kindly post some picture. tnx.

11. 1916

1916 Big Dog

12. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

13. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

14. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

i also used to own a old school gotti x greyline blue female

15. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Shitbred bullys.....

16. DutchGame

DutchGame Big Dog

Seriously this catchdog guy is just a fuckin kid with a computer living in his mom's basement. Old school Gotti x Greyline.. He raised alot of gamedogs too yalllll!! XD

17. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

http://www.riospitbull.com/blue_bloodlines.htm

That site has it the way it is. A lot of people these days are ignorant to the fact that these dogs been around since the beginning. People use to breed for a working dog, but now it seems hard to see any well built blue dogs, because a lot of them are not true to the original form. Blue dogs have been bred down, bred out, crossed with this, crossed with that, and 90% of the peeps that have them, do not even walk their dogs. This, over time has demoted them. There are still good ones out there, that will run circles around most dogs. They are good catch dogs. I have seen many of blue dog, used as for catch.

18. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Ill dig through my peds, to see if i can find another blue dog, that is well bred. May take some time. :)

19. catchdog3

catchdog3 Banned

chit not a kid dutchgame I've have raise a lot of game dogs but i'm not broad casting it on here to impress any one what we had when i was younger were jeep and colby dogs around when i was growing up but i don't have to impress you dutchgame

20. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

as many of u know pits throw every color but mearl even reds to reds but not evey litter but aventuly one litter but rearly. only ppl. that call them bluenoeses dont know many things about pits down here ppl. do call them bluenoses but i call them just blues cuz there nose is not blue its black