1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Why is it so hard to grasp the difference between lean and malnourished?!?!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NewSchoolDogMan, Aug 22, 2010.

1. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

nice... makes sense..

2. popper

popper CH Dog

same here , two condosdown they have a basset hound and the thing just waddles some then sits to pant...it really is a bit harsh to watch.... she prolly thinks i should be put in jail for letting my dogs run in the heat

3. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

Thats about how you tell it right there the dog in the top picture i wish mine looked like that i love the lean look some people r just dumb asses and think your fighting dogs when your looks like that and its just plane dumb all the dogs i have seen on tv that has been fought never look that good like i said people r just stupid people who think a riped up dog in under weight is just crazy if a dog in malenourshed then its muscle mass would never look like a conditioned dog

4. PitNJ75

PitNJ75 Pup

This is a great post and thread. I wish I had a dollar for everyone who says similar stuff. I have the pic below hanging up at work and half the people say "Geez, can ya feed that dog please??" ...
    When I walk her, it's more crap - people asking "will she get any bigger?" [she's 2, pretty much done growing bro ha...], "Aren't pit bullls wider than that?", "Yo how big is her head?" etc etc etc...... turds!

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

That's a good bulldog right there. Don't sweat the dumbasses that says she's small, if anything she is actually big for a female apbt, or she looks that way in the pic LOL. How much does the girl weigh? I'm guessing 45-50#, which is actually huge for a female apbt, but most believe that a 3 month old pup should weigh that much LOL.

6. mfern004

mfern004 Big Dog

You could probably steal a couple 1st place ribbons if you take that to a bully show:rofl2:

7. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

1st place pocket bully, 1st place most extreme, 1st place widest chest LOL

8. PitNJ75

PitNJ75 Pup

You hit the nail right on the head bro - she's 51!

The morons, of course, then say "You mean that's it? She ain't gonna be 95 pounds??" HAHAHAHA....

9. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

The craziness is AC will harass a dog owner who's hound looks conditioned but won't nother the hippo owner.

10. PitNJ75

PitNJ75 Pup

oh absolutely!
    Luckily when we had a run-in with AC, our vet vouched for us (I encouraged her to call him, he owns 4 APBT's- great guy, well respected in our area) and said the dog is in peak condition and very well-cared for. Hell, he even said the dog is spoiled because she sleeps in the bed every night haha

11. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

LOL, I've noticed one thing about our breed that differs from all other breeds. You know how every other breed, the purebreds are sought after while mixes are frowned upon? Well I've found that with the apbt, the mixes are worth more than the purebred dog LOL.

12. PitNJ75

PitNJ75 Pup

You mean the APBTxHippo mixes? Those are PRICELESS!!!! HAHAHA

13. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Imagine what people think when the city boys walk their dogs at pitweight....I've seen people get all bent outta shape over dogs at chain weight that are lean, but not in shape. Society needs to learn a few things before they start trying ban breeds and call AC on dogs that are actually healthier than the vast majority. JMO

14. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

thats an awesome looking female... just how shes built and also her coat looks great.

15. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

jus yesterday someone stopped me and said "you shouldnt let your dog get that size, you should start feeding him rice and boiled chicken". I said ok and continued our 4 mile walk

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

(to the OP) Because in society obesity has become the norm. Most people arn't accustom to seeing a lean dog since very few people actually use dogs for work (as a whole), Dogs today have become accessories and for the most part couch warmers and are way over fed plus people now a days are lazy and won't keep themselves fit let alone there dog. I like to call it loving your dog to DEATH. :rolleyes:

17. PitNJ75

PitNJ75 Pup

quoted for TRUTH!

18. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

I am just waiting to start getting shit, been getting my girl in shape and it is really starting to show. I didn't realize she had some extra weight on her as she had dec muscle tone but nothing over the top. I started adding a 10 -20 min run like 4-5 days a week about a month ago, we are now up to 20 min easy if she is feeling good i will let her cool down and hit her with another 10 min. I also started measuring her food and did my best to figure about how an calories a dog burns on average a day and went from there based on her activity level. Man i had no idea the kinda physique she had under the extra fat i didnt know i had on her. At first and still a bit now she had some extra skin in areas nothing crazy, it is now starting to tighten up and she is getting a real tight waste very lean you can see it all over her even in the face she looks real healthy! I do some flirt pole with her every other day for like 20 min. i kinda think i could fill in some of the loose skin with muscle anybody got any tips for working the shoulders and the top of the back towards the rear. Her rear legs are ripped but the top of her lower back looks like it could use some muscle? He extra skin is in the lower back and right behind her shoulders. To some degree i figure if i just keep at it it will fill in. As far as boiled chicken and rice that is what i have been feeding her as she has had sour stomach for a week or two been to the vet to be tested and we are not sure why, we have her on flagil and its gettin better but slow. I am scared fo rwhat the vet and neighbors are gonna have to say in another few months?!!

19. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I use a springpole for the ass end, but keep all 4 paws on the ground so they can really dig in and pull back on the spring. ;)

20. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

"Yo,how big is her head" LOL