1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Woman,60, Mauled By Pack of Dogs

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by NOLEFAN, May 9, 2006.

1. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

Printer-friendly versionfunction launchEmailWin(url, title){winprops = "toolbar=no,width=400,height=325,directories=no,status=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,menubar=no";win = window.open(url,title,winprops);win.focus();}E-Mail this page to a friend
    Pack of Dogs Maul Woman to Death
    Posted: 5/8/2006 8:15:00 PM
    Updated: 5/8/2006 8:16:45 PM

[​IMG]

A pack of dogs mauled a woman to death as she walked through her neighborhood. It happened in Franklin County.

Dianna Acklen, 60, was attacked in her neighborhood

Police continued Monday looking for answers.

Acklen was well-liked. Many knew her from the local library, where she worked for 30 years.

“She was a super nice lady. It’s just a bad tragedy is what it is,” friend Bob Wilkerson said.

It’s hard for the many who knew her to hear what happened Saturday. Police said she was attacked and killed by dogs, as she walked by a neighbor’s home.

“The dogs were vicious,” Franklin County sheriff Mike Foster said.

The dogs belonged to a neighbor. There was evidence at the scene that points to the two dogs, but police decided to run DNA tests to be sure.

“We’re going to test the dogs through different types methods,” Foster said.

This is a case so tragic it even shocks investigators.

“In all my years of experience, this is first fatality, you know, that we believe caused by an animal like this. We have never had experience with this sort of thing before,” Bruce Elliot, with the Franklin County sheriff’s department, said.

According to the morning news report, the dogs were a black Lab and a "Large mixed breed".

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/19133.asp

2. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

http://www.wztv.com/

at this news site they are actually telling what kind of dogs they were. Two other local news stations have yet to report on the story. "The d-a of Franklin will decide wether to press charges", are you kiding me, we all know what would happen if these were our dogs. Let 'em know about it!

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

There should never be a consideration of whether or not charges should be filed. I don't care what breed of dog is involved, all the owners of these dogs should face serious charges, fines, & possibly jail time. In this case, homicide is the way to go.

4. JuicyCa

JuicyCa Big Dog

I agree! I would like to know exactly how many dogs they think constitute a pack. I couldn't see the story on the news site. Nevertheless, this is a sad story.

5. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

The story on the second link is buried. You have to click on NEWS, and scroll down to find it. It is a few headlines down.

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Unbelievable. Here is a news video I found about the attack. While watching it, I thought it wasn't bad.....until the very end. Go figure after yet another lab attacks & kills someone, they mention that due to all the attacks, tougher restrictions have been placed on pit bulls in certain areas in an effort to prevent them. AGH!! I just want to scream sometimes. I just hope they know how much safer that woman was with people in surrounding areas being force to muzzle their pit bulls. I'm sure if she were alive she'd thank government.

http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/deadly-dog-attack-in-franklin-county

7. all owners of dogs with the ability to MAUL SOMEONE TO DEATH,, should be responsible for the actions of the dogs.. these owners know who they are and the general disposition of their own dog.. them that say they dont are lying..period.. them that dont take the finest care to protect their animals and neighbors ,, dont deserve to have a companion and just shouldnt bother having a dog ..GET A CANARY OR SOMETHING.. leave the ownership of dogs to them that are responsible to go the distance ..ty

8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

ALL dogs of every shape & size have the ability to maul someone to death. Hence why we stress responsible ownership so much.

9. thats why if you cant go the distance in dog ownership get a freakin canary responsible ownership should be same as brushing teeth done daily however , seen how many peoples toothless?? same deal....... so many dogs in my area set out in the backyard never to be talked to or played with or even seen by the family that decided to get this dog.. sad but true and there they are till they die or some one gets bit or for whatever reason they are rescued from that circumstance . . heartbreaker yep deal breaker most definately, the truth sadly... wish it were easier but it isnt .... unfortunately , wont change over night , and many dont see anything wrong with that type of ownership.. at this time i have lost my beloved companion great dane contessa.. and im in the process of watching over my diva-doberman - till she passes on also.. i have my pit dogs to live with me till my end - hopefully- maybe to leave a different legacy when im gone -- as having produced the best working dogs in the state of va and ny .. if thats a sin .. well then hell bound i am.. but , my belief is to put these dogs out as very very valuable workers , that they may find honor in the eyes of the GENERAL UNDER EDUCATED PEOPLES... them that dont know the history and the best of what these dogs have to offer ...thanks for reading me

10. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

How did those dogs even get out? I mean think about it......if those people acctually cared about their dogs they would put them in a secure area where they couldn't get out and possibly get hit by a car, or god knows what else could happen to them. Just the fact that the dogs got out shows how irresponssible these people were. That fact is enough in my eyes to know that they shouldn't have even owed the dogs in the first place. It just makes me so sad........