1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Woman kicked out of Walmart with APBT Service Dog

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by MisanthropeKitty, Feb 7, 2008.

1. This link is to a petition for a woman who was kicked out of Walmart with her service dog, an APBT. I hope I am not violating any forum rules and encourage y'all to please sign this. It's a shame that for once a pit bull is doing something GOOD and their reputation preceeds them. :(

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/207615248

2. crawfish407

crawfish407 Banned

Well now, ain't that a big crock of sh!t to throw in the fan! I hope they have to put that dogs picture on the wal-mart sign. I HATE wal-mart! Ya'll excuse me, I gotta go stir this before I throw it in the fan. Thanks for the info!

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

not only did i sign the petition, but i wrote a letter to wal mart, and i was hot! something like this really brings out the nasty side, and i let them have it.(intelligently, of course!;) ) With this violation of her rights, i hope she takes a chunk of $change$ from them corporate scumbags! service dogs are possibly the most selfless beings on the planet, no matter the breed. i have always been fascinated w/them, but ive never heard of one being an APBT. just goes to show exactly how versatile the APBT can be.come on people, take the time and voice your opinion. we need to be heard on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  4. hehe, if yall follow the links to her page you see that walmart wrote an apology letter and sent a bag of goodies to chloe. but her owner is still pushing the petition...

5. Tonka03

Tonka03 Big Dog

I am not here to take sides. I will say that Wal-Mart made a huge mistake. I think they be offering the peace goodies to keep it from going any further. We all have to remeber that this breed ahs been prtrayed as the worst breed ever produced. We as the owners of this breed are the ones that need to make sure that we put a posistive spin on it. We also have to realize that the media is what has done this breed in int he publics eye. They have always made the APBT a horrible breed and have never once tried to find out the facts in any manner.

I think the letters and all are great, but we to have to realize that Wal-Mart is no worse than the next store or business. They have admitted that managers made a huge mistake. They are trying to make it a better understanding about service dogs period. I will say that I do hate it for what this person ahs been through and the illegal acts that were done, but we have to go about this in a manner that it is given a positive image for the breed as well as all things lawfully are delt with and corrected!!!

I hope all things work out and hope WM does do the right thing and fix the issues it has with service dogs!!

Tony

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i hope this story gets some major airtime, simply due to the fact that our breed was selected as a service animal. If JQP knows anything about what goes into selecting an animal for the job, plus all the training and discipline required, this could show a side that most dont even know exists in the APBT. the sad truth though is that this one will get its 15 min, and a "supposed" dogfighting ring will be busted tommorow

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008