1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Woods Snooty Cur???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Foe Dream, Jun 12, 2010.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

limey how can cur be "deep game"? that's like saying 45 min before this sob stands it's the gamest dog in the box.

2. Mousie

Mousie Pup

Limey thinks a lot only the truth is a different story !!!

3. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Either way...Quit..Won...Dead Game...Deep Game.....Whatever. Glad someone seen something in him or i wouldnt have my awsome Chinaman pup! lol. Snooty is a producer, Nobody can argue that! I would have fed him. His roll on my yard would be Eat and produce! Maybe he quit because he liked breeding better Lmao! Can ya blame him?

4. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

If you are refeuring to my post then thats a metafor!!. for guys like you (no ofends) who belive that every dog that quits no matter in what position there in is a cur. .Is the oposit what i learned and was educated on (as im sure you where as wel),,, around famous legendary dogman of the past teaching me that a dog that quits in shock in serius comp is a deep game dog, just not a deadgame dog. in the origenal Cajun rulle book of the past you can read the defenition of a cur as any dog breed thats not a apbt any dog that quits on TOP and any dog that jumps the pit... a rank cur quits from the get go in fact never starts. often confused with a cold dog... It thussend matter what people belive and think!. labeling a dog a cur ore game is the ez way to put things in simple perspection. with a shamefull result that many a good high quality dog is no longer walking around..

at the same time who would call a ch ore a grch ore any dog for that matter that never had his oil chekt and is victories in 45 min ore 2 hours for that matter!!!! a game dog.... way to ofthen dogs are labeld as game dogs simply because they never quit and where on top all the time! .. That on its self is the same redicule as claiming a dog that quit is schock afther a 2 hour + battle making 10 scraches is a cur!!!!..... I know of a dog in the history of our breed around 25 years ago, that won 5 over fast lane comp. even beat the brother of Don brods CJ7. non lasted 45 min . That dog was out of a daughter of indian Bolio and a boomerang male out of Miss pool hall red .
    he then met a dog who whent toe to toe with him. resulting in that other dog loosing as wel, quiting deep game in 3.06 nose on the ground trying to keep his balanse from falling over, making a dosen scraches, who died 3 min afther the quit. Now some called him a cur!!!!!. I call him a dead dog standing!!!!. considering the level he whent in i would be very proud and i aim to have what people call a cur in the peds of our dogs!!..

5. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

Limey you and I don't agree on alot of things.. but .. but.. I gotta agree there.. A dog that lost once cause it wasn't in yet or was poorly handled whatever and come back to go 10+ leaving a record none to compare with but other big time winners, along with those dog that were considered deep game that L from stopping standing up not backing down or laying down just "outta gas" .. is like a professional boxer whos badass and just can't lift his hands anymore.. How many fights did Roy Jones jr take all the way to 12 rounds simply to wear his opponent down and we all know why after 50 wins we find out he had a glass jaw. His youth has left him and can't keep up with is brain in the [] however he'll be a hell of a trainer someday. Much like Snooty was a producer of producers .. .. action guys quickly jump adding the blood of the winner to the dog they thought was the best or leaving that behind going for the stuff that won the match.. action guys.. Woods has a good amount of tight rascal behind his name as he does snooty.. .. I like snooty better of the two looking back in time.

Im happy to have the snooty catalyst a few of my dogs..

6. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

if it can go and it dont go then thats a cur. nobody that ran a fastlane mag really care about why. and thats what the boys went of wins and loss. its verry simple someone win and someone has to lose. everything else around what,how,why has no berring on the outcome. lol i feed bullyson blood and that mofo was a cur. do i think he was in shook yes but that dont change the fact he showed cur last time out. performance and production are two diffrent things.

7. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

I always thought of snooty as a valuable cur .. until I seen a [] in rural Hawaii back in the 90s , and understand that dogs like fighters can run out of gas before they run out of heart... those athletes perfect that 2nd wind; then they lose it ... Every dog has his day.. wonder where that saying derived from? ... to me a cur quits cold or jumps the box, or ducks the fight or screams like a bitch to get away.. Most all dogs cur at some point some early and never again, while others are velvet and steel until they go cold. Its said that he quit, while others say nah that was misrepresentation.. .. .. by way of the old cajun rules Snooty did not cur, by way of those standards, unless you consider him curring out on top. The reality is he did lose and as you said performance and production are two different things and many GREAT dogs come down from well bred curs..

8. art

art Big Dog

Sam was a bad ass mutt all i can say

9. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

:cheers::goodposting:
    Thank you Limey this is a great post. I am so tired of those that only see things in black or white and refuse to consider any other scenario, whether logical or not.

10. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Ben i agree if a dog can go and is full consius and he dont!!. hes a quiter!!. However depending on the show he can be a fairly to a deep game dog. And yes some curs do go for 2 hours. as discribed in my last post. But to sirgiest and make belive that ANY dog thats standing the line, no matter the sircumstanses. being it in 10 ore 3 hours is a cur. Then im sorry to say then every swinning dick in the field who claims so is eather trying to be a hard ass for the masses, ore has absolutly not been educated enoughf around these dogs. Now this is MY belive, and i dont whant to pursway others to belive so.
    You eather agree ore dont.. and im sure you dont and thats ok............
    http://pitbullyard.com/index.php?ma...&cntnt01showtemplate=false&cntnt01returnid=61

11. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

dayair1 as you probely know gamenes comes in diferend levels. In the past there where plenty of dogman who would put some $$ on a dog they considerd ""Pit Game"". in other words game ""enoughf"" to put some money on. they knew these type of dogs werend up to par, but could still bring some bacon home.
    As the level of quality whent up and there faith in a dogs caracter so was the amound of $$ to back the dog up...
    Back then pre 1974. the dogman of the day where profesionals some making a living on them matching there dogs . invesmends of buying a dog and feeding them needed to be eurned back. And yes spot picking umongst the greats of the past to make a$$ was fairly common and ore tricking another party into a real goodone to make money as wel.... And ofthen dogs that won where sold of like imidiatly

. Burtons grch Hank / and(Burtons) redicks ch peterbuild showed so bad that Burton tried to sell him/them of afther every show!!!. Hank later proving to be the producer and Peterbuild didnt produce anything of valiuew(but 1 dog and thats another story) just giving a aczample.. another one of those aczamples was a match between a dog called Zack out of Don Brods Demon x Brods Dotte. zack being a dubble bred Rascal grandson
    Zack was shown into a dog called Huggy bear. this was the talk of the touwn back then. the show lasted 3.20 in a even long battle. Huggy was pickt up game. the winner zack didnt make it.
    One year later Huggy was shown into Country boys little big man (thats right). who blew right tru the huggy bear with a onslought!!. Huggy quitting in 21 min....
    while everybody presend was in shock and awe. as Huggy bear was rated a very game animal... Another Famous usa dogman showed a dog that quit in schok in 35 min in bad shape.. afther the show he didnt whant to keep the dog . another iven more famous dogman(who resendly won a court case) said dont disreguard the dog . a dog that quits in shock never knew he did!!!!. its like people who are involved in a road ore car acsidend they cant remember wat happend due to the shock!!!.its the last natural defends mecanisem to cope with fisical en mental trauma!!!!!!!!!!!!!. the brain is shut douwn!!!!..
    This dogman took the dog home sat on him for 6 months showed him again. in great shape. he lost again but deadgame in 2.00.... This gose to show that Gamenness is relatif. and like earl Tudor ones said every little holle you put into them is wat you take out of them!!.. The behavier of Huggy bear can be compeard with a Frog. if you put a frog in a pan of cold water and put it on a hot stove he will be kookt alive and will not jump out taking his death... Yet when you ""trow"" the frog into the boiling water he wants to get out asap.... meaning huggy bear could be brought slowly and mentaly to that deep/deadgame performance where he nearly lost his life in that long one . Yet in his neckst one mentaly he could not cope with the onslought of little bigman...making him quit........... Indeed its not black and white ore Game and cur....Thats for the ignorend...

12. vagabond

vagabond Pup

Good point Limey. Dogs are made of flesh and blood, it's not just black or white...One more thing...We must always ask ourselves whether we have done all that is necessary to enable them to show their best that day... And judge them considering all the facts...

13. keystone

keystone CH Dog

limey when you stop to change the history in your favor lol

14. Snooty didn't "quit" I was there. There were two dog journals reporting and I also know the bias behind those reports. I fed snooty I played with him and rode around in the pick up truck feeding him big macs, he loved them. Ask anyone, who is not jealous, biased and is honest they will report if they saw, snooty was game! Yes, I knew snooty when he was snoopy. Ask Ronnie Hyde or The Norman Hooten or any number of legitimate and knowledgeable dogmen. All of us better hope we ever own such a game and good dog. And I like rascal dogs!

Smoke42084 and D.Dogg like this.
  15. alpay

alpay Big Dog

Dosent matter he was quite or bla bla he is producer as hell. I love snooty line Wich is hard mouth dogs.

16. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

didn't quit to who? Because according to the man that stood across from snooty, not only did he quit but he was also left there after quitting.. Not saying he's a POS cur dog, not knocking his producing abilities at all. Just asking and folks pls don't use production as an excuse for lack of performance. They are two different entities, so don't use he produced 8 Chs as reason. Ch Bo produced 6-8 champs and a son who is one of best producers but Ch Bo still quit. Doesn't mean he isn't worthy to be bred, dogs like Snooty, Ch Bo, Ch Rascal, Bullyson are pure exceptions to the game not the rule. Plenty of dogs who quit and when bred didn't produce a darn thing.

17. redwar

redwar Big Dog

NO one can know except those who were there and even then, it is a personal idea or opinion which as we can see has many,damn near infinite factors in its determination. However, gameness should not be based on what magazines did or did not report or how they reported it or why, magazines were far from truthful on too many occasions for a myriad of reasons and many times contradicted themselves and each other. So the question at this time in history means zero, the dog is gone, the stories exist and so does his lineage, some of which are great, some good and some terrible? Just like other lines. If snooty was not a cur can that make a shit pup become better, or make any his offspring that did not make the grade miraculously GRCH's? hell no, and if he was a cur does it make the great dogs down from him anything less? Hell MFing no. So why bother? Would we all/most of us love peds full of winners CH and GRCH's you bet, but this is not Mayberry so why pretend be enamored with what is in front of you, evaluate that based on logic, fact and truth, not the past.

18. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Its all in the eyes if you've ever had a chance to see a game dog you would know this

There are times when a dog can be on all fours and cant move in shock but his eyes is focused on his opponent this is deep game to me

If the dog is walking the square looking for an exit thats a cur to me

19. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

Yes, we can all try to express and simplify what we see...or what we think we see. We evaluate it, using the knowledge we obtain through either, learned practical experience or through teachings obtained by other means.
    I have had the unfortunate experience of going into shock twice and have also seen many dogs in different states. Which leads me to disagree somewhat, with your cut and dried statement.
    "Although I might have looked like my eyes were focused on something..the 1st time, I can assure you, it was not a conscious decision on my part. I too was wandering around and almost made it out the door(the doctor said)..lol"
    I have seen dogs do many things in combat...and after!
    Over the years, I wanted to know (among other things)everything, about why they might quit/stop/cur etc..(going against the old saying, "Be surprised when they stay"..
    I didn't want surprises and didn't want to unnessarily cull...based on my inexperience.

anyway...bla, blah blah

lol

TROTLINE likes this.
  20. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Rex good post..glad to see you here also. Your membership should be boosted here soon...
    AGK OR Eatm3....he needs upgrade.