1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Word on the street is .......................

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Stillwater, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

Just heard from some very good sorces that SEVERAL VERY Large kennels, that breed BLUE dogs are being investigated by two differant registries for HANGING PAPERS on 100's of dogs.

Seems some of the owners got together after noticing several inconsistancies on registration papers, concerning dates and frequency of litters that can't be accurate, and complained, to the registries and ask for a investigation.
    Several DNA samples have been taken and none of the supposed breedings are matching up with DNA.

This is second hand info, but it comes from a VERY reliable sorce that has never BS'ed me before.
    They said that all the main players involved, are pretty much denying everything, and starting thier own registry, and trying to get all the folks with BULLY type dogs to switch over to it.

Has anyone else heard anything about this??

2. Marty

Marty Guest

Nope but we can only hope its the truth ;)

3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Always nice when the registries step up and do something. I'd be curious to see how this turns out, and what action they actually take against the paper hangers.

4. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

No havent heard this. Wow I'm interested too in the way this turns out!

5. Attila

Attila Guest

I have not heard that but it sounds great. I hope they pick their own name for the dogs too. Like blueby do be do. Ya and their own blog almost-game-dog.com.

6. SpencerPits

SpencerPits Big Dog

More like wanna-be-game-dog.com!

By the way - hello to all the folks I haven't "seen" in over a year. I'll likely be visiting more often now. ;)

7. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I know a buddy of mine told me that papers on one of the dogs he'd recently acquired had been snatched.The dog come from a supposedly well known kennel (?) and is not even associated with blue dogs.The guy DNA's all his dogs,so when UKC received the paperwork and DNA request,it came back negative on the sire,so they revoked the dogs papers.Which I would assume would cause them to also investigate the kennel.

Which dogs/kennels have you all heard of doing this?Someone let me know.

8. Marty

Marty Guest

Well, Welcome back, How have ya been :D

9. I don't know, but I think that sounds great though!! They need to go somewhere else with their scatter bred mutts, and stay out of everything else that means so much to people. I mean did people buying these dogs actually think that they were getting the REAL DEAL anyways. Come on, they obviously don't know anything about the breed, or they never would have bought what they did........Should have learned and educated themselves, before exploiting something they knew nothing of....Sorry if it sounds cold hearted.

10. Attila

Attila Guest

Interesting! however it is about time that paper hanging started biteing them in the ass.
    I would also like to see a list of them. Could turn out to be like a very large culling of some questionable dogs. Could also start some serious fueds trying to figure out who screwed who and how many times. I am sure that this will be a good thing.

11. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Maybe the main registries will finally stop registering these big mutts.

12. Attila

Attila Guest

I would hope that the smaller ones follow suit too. [​IMG]

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I heard a few days back they were going to be doing some serious looking into the papers on a bunch of these blue dogs from a few kennels,and dna testing every dog in question...obviously the ones that arent hung will have their papers revoked. I would hope that this also means the "breeders" of these dogs would have their registration liscences pulled also. Think people will wise up to the fact when these mastiff mutts start having papers pulled, they will realize the deal with these dogs? I'm not expecting much...too many nuthuggers will take the word of the "breeders" even over scientific proof, its too easy to deny logic when your raking in that much cash and "respect" from peddling these curs. Intresting to see how it plays out....

14. Attila

Attila Guest

Nuthuggers. LOL that is a good one. True though. I have little respect for some registars already for this very topic. If they puss out then I will have lost total respect for them. I think that some charge way too much for what little they do and how much horse crap they allow. In all my years I have never seen so many dogs at a show with at least 30-40% of dogs competing that are friggen way out of standard. That is utter bullshit. I had planned on spending the night at one of the last ones with a certain Association but the rest of the night and into the next day and the next day was dedicated to the 100+ club. Not unlike the mickey mouse club. Now that is some nuthugging for sure. The way I see it if it has to be of standard for show it should be fore every other damn event too. arrr that crape just fires my anger switch mode.

15. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

Much as I wish it were true, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Registries (and in particular basement registries) make their money by registering. They'd register my game-tested tabby cat as a pureblooded APBT, long as the check cleared. That is the only reason anyone registers with a basement registry - they don't ask hard questions, so that BYBers can claim that their dogs have "papers".

If, by some miracle, the basement registries were to discover ethics and refuse to register questionable cases (like lo-rider dogs), they be out of business. And someone else would set up a new registry that was ready to take BYB money.

BYBers and basement registries - it's an unholy marriage.

16. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Yup, sad but true. Registries are in it for the money. Registries claim that they go after paper hangers, but those paper hangers that breed zillions of mutts yearly make them alot of money.... so i doubt anything will really happen. Though i truly hope we can get rid of those ugly bully's and make them get their own damn name!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  17. Attila

Attila Guest

That is what I am talking about. I love it when ya'll fire up. I am with you there that is for sure.

18. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Well, I hope they go after all these dogs who have unquestionable registry, not just the blues. The red dogs are in this too, right around with every other color the APBT comes in. DNA everyone, it's a wonderful thing!

19. Doggy

Doggy Pup

They should start calling them dogs American Bull Mastiffs because thats what they are,American Pit Bull Terriers mixed with Neo Mastiffs and French Mastiffs.

20. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

There is a registry in the process of being made for the bully style. Which I think will now be called the American Bully. They have their own standard and I do believe will sanction(sp) there own shows. website-www.theabkc.com