1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Word on the street is .......................

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Stillwater, Aug 27, 2006.

1. yea, they are supposed to receive a new name - "The American Bully"...but their fanciers still tout about "Yo, I gotta 120 pound Pit!"....as if the word "PIT" being used to describe an animal instead of a hole in th ground aint bad enough...that name will still hang around those dogs and ruin the publics perception of these dogs for decades and even centuries (if apbt's are still around that long) to come.

2. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

well this might be good for the APBT it might take some bad rep from them, "i got a 120 pound bully" that will never catch on.

3. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I want to see how this turns out in the very end!!
    Maybe they will stop, all together, calling their dogs APBTs!!!

4. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

don't hold your breath

Long as there be more money in breeding mutts as "pittbullz" and more respec' in callin your mutt a "pit", people will keep on doing it. Don't expect them to stop any time soon.

5. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Re: don't hold your breath

True enough,the market cries for a "pit bull", a "pit bull" it shall be...that's why these damn BYBs gotta start paying hefty fines and penalties for the crap they do. The correction process has to start somewhere- and as long as there are dogs bred for the masses, they will buy them.

6. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

I may have missed it, but who are the big breeders and registries that people are talking about?????

7. All you have to do is look at the development of the "Bandog"....and the Neo/Pit crosses and .....wa laa......."Big Blue Pit"...

But people have been forging papers on dogs for a looooong time....even with game dogs....that's why a ped only means so much....and you really need to test your dog ***No discussion of current day dogfighting please***

that's it no other way....

and by the time you find out if he is a cur or not you may have a lot of time and money invested in to him....sucks..

so choose wisley....and you better know and trust your breeder if it's not you....

8. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I attended an ABKC get together today close to home here.I took pictures of the "big,bad,and bully" (lol). I felt like an outcast going up in there with my Watchdog/Gaff/Woods male (whom I've considered a large dog). There were some horrible looking dogs that people were FAWNING over! OMFG!! I mean ,I like a lot of the blue dogs and such,but these were just ridiculous.All these dogs walking around looking like they were stroking,tongues hanging to the ground and drooling,and mine was runnin circles around them,lol.One good thing was there was no 'accidents' and everybody was running round with BSL shirts on and such.It wasn't too bad of an experience overall.Here are a few pics.

Attached Files:

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Hey momma! Sorry I couldn't make it. My babysitter backed out & it was too hot to ride out their with Cole so we just hit up the local ADBA even for an hour & a half. I promise to come over soon!

10. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I'm still not comfortable posting this little story...Stillwater I'm gonna PM you

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2006
  11. chino0503

chino0503 Banned

i got myself a blue american bully and what really trips me out is the papers... when we bought the girl we seen the parents, the father was brown brindle and the mom was white and blue. after we got the papers (this was like a few weeks later) i checked the pedigree and it said the father was black and the mother was blue. i confronted the guy and he acted like it was ukc's fault... saying that ukc does that all the time and makes a mistake on the papers. right now she is 6 months and 50 pounds.... i love her but i always get the thought that the papers are hung and she is mixed with something.