1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Working Irish Staff Kennels?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GrandStanding, Apr 10, 2008.

1. I here that the working staff kennels are few and far between..I even checked this forum for info on the breed & the site is now closed.. If anyone knows any kennels, breeders, or dogs that I could reference to it would be appreciated.

2. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

Irish Staff = APBT X English Bull Terrier X Staffordshire Bullterrier cross.
    I don't think there is such a thing as a gamebred Staffordshire Bullterrier anymore. If there are any, their owners are not telling anyone....LOL!
    Sorry don't know of any working kennels.

3. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Irish Staff = APBT X English Bull Terrier X Staffordshire Bullterrier cross.

I have no clue where you got that info from.

4. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

It's no big secret anymore. These "Irish Staffs" burst onto the scene a few years back, basically out of nowhere. They're supposed to be "Gamebred" Staffordshire Bullterriers (Staffy Bulls). Staffy Bulls have not been bred for performance since...................a very long time. You do the math.
    Have you seen pics of these Irish Staffs, they don't even look like Staffy Bulls. The look like a smaller version of an APBT.
    If someone can show me a modern day gamebred (and purebred) Staffy Bull, please do so and prove me wrong, and I will stand corrected. I have heard of Staffys being used as hog dogs, that's about it. And even these dogs are very few and far between. Anyway, not trying to sound like a smart a@@. Just trying to shed some truth on the matter.

5. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

http://konfederatekennels.homestead.com/staffybulls.html

http://www.ghostlyease.co.uk/

2 of my favorite SBT kennels, from online viewing alone. Not the toad like dogs you see in the AKC show rings.

Personally, I think of SBTs as badger dogs, or true terriers rather than match dogs.

As far as wanting proof on people having game bred staffys.....well, that's about as easy as asking for proof on people having game bred APBTs.

6. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Its cool man you have your theories I have mine.

Its a shame a certain working stafford forum got took down there where some great examples of game bred staffords (kc regd).

But I agree there far and few between.

The part in your post I didnt agree with is they used English bull terrier in the mix.

Anyway arent Irish staffords just regular staffords that got imported into Ireland bred for a few years then got exported back in the UK.

7. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

No problem, and yes, I've heard of Konfederate and Ghostlyease. Konfederate is exactly who I was referring to.

8. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Ive heard ghostlyease stock is rubbish? just bred for show? but bred to be athletic?

9. castle

castle Big Dog

Ghostlyease stock is bred the way you say ,its not working stuff

10. Osea

Osea Banned

That's some comment coming from someone who thought that plastic play-skool toys would be a suitable way to house their dogs. Ghostlyease "stock" are no more or less rubbish than the dogs you have claimed to own.

1 person likes this.
  11. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Rotfl.

Just hearing what I heard through the grapevines and castle who I regard as a member who has had much experince with this just backed up my claim.

12. Osea

Osea Banned

Rotfl all you like, I believe that is what most everyone else does when they read your posts. You have alot of theories, what you do not have alot of is common sense and firsthand knowledge. She is an adult and perfectly capable of defending herself but in all honesty I do not believe that she would even feel the need to waste her time doing so over such nonsense. Ghostlyease dogs are worked in legal venues and that should be respected, not looked down upon by others who do absolutely nothing with their dogs. Also, she is not a member of this forum so for you to be sitting there at your computer insulting a very nice woman who does alot for her breed just shows how disrespectful and silly you truely are.

13. castle

castle Big Dog

Nice lady or not nice dogs or not the thread has asked about working staffs ,and these dogs are not working staffs
    They do compete in athletic events which is a fun pastime for both owner and dogs ,but this in no way equates to working staffs
    We all know that a working dog has to be bred for the mental attitude to carry on through pain exhaustion and injury above all else and dogs that carry out athletic events no matter how good they are at it become a different type of dog with a different mental attitude
    Gameness is the be all and end all of a working staff and without being bred for this they are empty look alike shells of working dogs

14. castle

castle Big Dog

Osea anything I have to say can be said here not in PM and neither do I need to join her forum .

15. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Those are some bad ass links you put up! I like dem dogs!

16. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

ANY OTHER POSTS, SITES OR KENNELS WITH WORKING STAFFBULL TERRIERS? :confused:?

17. Osea

Osea Banned

After the way you disrespected another member of this forum hopefully no one will share anything with you.

18. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Thanx for your opinion!

19. rooster

rooster Banned

www.game-bred.com

some history of a few working staffs and ebts