1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

wormers>versus<

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BDK, May 12, 2004.

1. BDK

BDK oo7

febendazole versus pyrantel pamoate which works better for you me personally ive not any luck with the pyrantel to me just doeant seem to do the job lets hear what others are saying?

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Panacur is good, but with young pups we use Strongid and its worked for us...1cc per 10lbs.

BB

3. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

I've used Nemex II b4 but I prefer the Strongid paste better:D

4. CRG

CRG Top Dog

can i buy pancur without a perscription

5. BDK

BDK oo7

yes you can get panacur through kv vet supply call 1-800-423-8211 they will mail you a free catalog or look them up at www.kvvet.com

6. BDK

BDK oo7

you can also buy safrguard paste for horses it is teh same medicine febendazole

7. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Its the same stuff but you require more of it...its better to get the panacur.
    I had a problem with the Strongid paste...just wouldn't work well for us, so I just pick up Strongid at my vet.
    BB

8. i use strongid too and like the way its works. i also use ivermectin for heartworms

9. Onac

Onac Pup

This Is Rema To My Heart.......so Look One Time And Don't Forget This.
    Every Two Weeks Of A Puppy's Life - Up To 8-10 Weeks -pyrantel Pamoate 50mg/ml
    Every Three Wks. 3, 6, 9, & 12 Weeks Old - Panacur.
    And At About Three Mos. You Can Start Your Pups On Heartworm Prevention,
    We Use Our Mixture At A Dose Of 1cc/ 100lb. Until Pups Are Six Mos. And Then We Use 1cc/ 10lbs. Of The Mixture To Get Everthing But Tapes. Which We Use The No Mo Tape Worm Expeller.
    You May Opt To Use Valbazen For Monthly Worming Of Whip, Round, Hooks, And Some Forms Of Tapes, Nomo Tape Worm Expeller, And 1cc/ 100lb. Of The Ivomec Mixture. But The Valbazen Is Costly.

No Other Wormer Is Needed. Our Bulldogs Have Lived Long Lives, When Useing Either Of The Methods Above. Between 10-15 Years Old. So You Be The Judge.
    Location, Climate And All The Relatives Must Be Considered, But For The Most Part The Two Methods Above Should Cover Almost Everyone.

Yis Amwk

10. does anyone use canex?

11. AC

AC Big Dog

I personally use strongid and oxfenbendazole for the pups and some older dogs and ivermectin. panacur is good too but you have to use it for 3 days in a row or you might as well flush it down the toilet.