1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Worried about our country? A New Hope!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LuvinBullies, Nov 29, 2007.

1. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

2. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

you've been convinced too eh? the guy embodies eveything i think we need. his views are so eerily similar to mine it's crazy. it's going to be an uphill battle, but i definitely feel we could do it.

3. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I am floored by this guy- what's so neat is he touches on real issues everyone can agree on. I sent his website an email to give him a golden secret to winning over both animal loving liberals (not extremist ones) and animal loving conservatives- address Breed Specific Legislation and it's unconstitutional qualities. If he goes public about that he's got just about every dog owner in the country on his side. :)

4. WWII

WWII Banned

ronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaul
    ronpaulronpaul ronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaul
    ronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulronpaulr onpaul

Did anyone catch the debate the other night? I guess Dr. Paul only got like 4 questions, 2 of which were loaded that really had no answer to them. Plus, he had to defend himself (again) from the other candidates that attacked his position without actually knowing what his platform is. He shut down McCain because he was clueless about Ron's ideas. Plus, McCain said that we (the USA) allowed Hitler to rise to power because we were isolationists. Not only was he wrong about us being isolationists, Dr. Paul doesn't want to be an isolationist. He wants trade, communications, travels, etc... He just doesn't want to be part of a world government.

Good news though is that I think Rudy is falling behind. Heard he did horrible at the debate and would've done better if he didn't show. I guess he got booed at some answers. Plus, there's a lot popping up about how NYers actually feel about him and his smear campaigns. There was just an issue about him in Reader's Digest I read and the dude seems like a dick. Plus the video clip he's in that has him dressed like a woman is plastered everywhere now. Not too sure if the American people want a cross dresser as a world leader. :)

5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I am a Ron Paul fan...but if you are talking about the SNL skit RG, that was a classic episode. He was fantastic on SNL, I was laughing non-stop. Unless there is some other "cross dresser" video out there, I wouldn't count that. It was a comedy skit, no reason to hold that against him. Plus there are so many better reasons not to vote for Rudy.

6. Mr.Billfold

Mr.Billfold Big Dog

IF you get a chance, you should watch this in its entirety. Aaron Russo interviews Ron Paul.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=freedom+to+fascism&total=959&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Ron Paul is not a fake ass politician. He has never played that game in DC.
    Sadly, some of his Libertarian type views will take his name out of contention for the fundamentalist Christian conservative voters, IMHO.

I love the guy, but he cannot win. I hope he doesn't. He would be killed by the "shadow government"/world bank crowd that really controls the power.

Sad, but true.

7. WWII

WWII Banned

How so? Just wondering since he's known to be a Christian with true Christian morals?

8. NC

NC CH Dog

Ol' crazy Ron Paul can be ya'll's guy... he ain't mine.

It wouldn't shock me if most of his money comes from MoveOn.org or some other firm like that... I think Ron Paul will be the reason Hillary will win. He'll take just enough votes from Rudy or whoever else..and the pinko liberals will get their dream. so yeah..I won't be casting a vote for Ron Paul.. because I don't want Hillary to win.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  9. WWII

WWII Banned

A lot of his money comes from active military personell. Most donations he gets doesn't come from groups or corporations. They come from individuals just like you and me. Unlike Rudy for example who gets tons of money, but very few people actually donating. Logic has something to say about this... :cool:

10. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Very true. Many of my military friends are really advocating Ron Paul, and have given money to him...I also disagree with the Christian Fundementalist won't vote for him. He seems like a good Christian, and I might be wrong, but I believe he is Pro-Life (which CF love in a candidate), unlike RG (who doesn't know how he feels or at least that what it seems). lol. Rudy seems to be the Republican Kerry. He says he is pro-2nd Amendment, but his record in NYC shows different...

Anyone else confused on why/how RG is getting/got backing from [size=-1]Pat Robertson? It's amazing to me. The Pope, I know, isn't very keen on RG...

The only reason that Hildabeast would win over RG and Ron Paul would "steal" votes is, because the American People have been stuck in the same state of mine. "I have to vote for this Republican or this Democrat, and no one else will do." However, since RP is in the Republican running, since he understands the "American Mindset", if he loses out in the Primaries, then he is out. So, he couldn't steal a vote from RG, unless he then decided to run independent, which going by how he understands the "I better vote Rep or Dem mindset", I just don't see that happening, but I could be proven wrong.
    [/size]

11. NC

NC CH Dog

I don't think that I HAVE to vote republician.. I'll vote for whomever strikes my interests the best and right now that is Huckabee. I don't like Ron Paul.. I don't like alot of the things he is proposing so for me he's not who i want running my country. I like some things he says..but then again I like a few things about every canidate so on my pros and cons list that I weigh things by Ron Paul has more cons than pros for me.

12. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

No one is saying you have to like him or even vote for him. We are just addressing the concerns that you proposed. That is the great thing about America, you don't have to feel the same way as someone else, and you have the right to let people know it...
    If you felt my "American mindset" was toward you, it wasn't. I meant in general. The American public seems to have a "I can only vote Republican or Democrat mindset." Not saying you do...
    If RP doesn't sit right with you, then go with your instincts.

13. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

Yay Ron Paul! I love this guy too :)

I think all of us RP supporters should be sure to send a nice note about mentioning BSL like mentioned before. The more of us that do it the more of a chance that it will be addressed. I know that there are more important issues out there than BSL, but I will admit that it is pretty high on my list. I will never vote for anybody even slightly for a ban no matter how good they are on other issues. Perhaps some may think that's a bit crazy...but I see RP as being the all around guy that I agree with him on almost everything.

From what I hear he is definitely christian in his personal views, however, he isn't planning on pushing his views on the public, but leaving it up to the state governments. I believe this really tops the cake as it takes somebody with a level head to not want to push their views on people. I know if I feel a certain way about something I'm going to attempt to convince somebody to feel the same even if it is unintentional (for instance...pitbull haters). I'm fairly liberal in many of the areas and he feels differently, but for him to allow me the chance to continue to feel and act how I want is wonderful (for instance, I'm pro-choice...he's pro-life).

14. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

I've seen many people post their opinion on politics and I'm entitled to mine. Is this really a debate? Does it matter who we vote for? Do we really trust how and who ultimately counts each vote? I'm as pure American as any other armed forces member but I realized along time ago that what goes on in politics has nothing to do with me. What we have all failed to notice as people is that every group of people belong to a circle where as only those few know and cooperate with what goes on. That's what this breed has been all about since day one. Before being figurative, I must say that I will never believe that any politician gives a damn about how I live or die. I'm stopping here because this could get very ugly. If you understand me, then more power to you, if not I hope for the best.

Bullyson likes this.
  15. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Ok guys I and going to say. I have been giving Ron Paul a chance because everyone here has been talking about him. So I have been honestly looking at him and looking at him objectivily. Ok. I was looking at him on CNN Youtube Debate he did not look good at all. Trust me when I say that alot of his politics I agree with . But when pressed by Mccain he was fumbling and stumbling with his words. He did not seem confident, presidentual at all. IMO. I will give him another shot but I did not like what I saw. I would say that Huckabee Looked good he was very confident and looked presidential . He looked like he wanted to win. I like how he made funny subjects real and took them very seriuos. Dont know if I will vote Republican but I am being objective and am looking at every canditate except Mccain and rudy..lol

16. WWII

WWII Banned

I know what you mean. But most of his answers need more than the 30 seconds alloted in the debates so he has to try to condense it into layman's terms for the general public to understand. The one thing that he has going for him though is his voting record and stance on issues. Plus, listen to the questions he is asked during the debates that other candidates don't get. When he's spending 50% of the time defending himself, I can see him getting flustered.

17. Mr.Billfold

Mr.Billfold Big Dog

There are several "good Christian" candidates.

There is a difference between who a Christian votes for, and who Pat Robertson and the late Jerry Falwell loudly and vocally support.

I am not making an indictment of anyones religious or political opinions.

The USA is a very liberal, big government machine. Morals, values, or the lack thereof are not of much concern to many of our citizens. Jerry Falwell showed Christians that politics was where they could fight their fight agaisnt the evils as they saw it.

Ron Paul is so right on, that the country isnt ready for him.

My comment was sort of meant to say that he will not get the nod on The 700 Club.

Sometimes I post as if everything makes as much sense to others as it does to me......I appreciate you pointing out what a dead end road my comment about the Christian conservative vote turned into.

Did anyone check out the video?

18. WWII

WWII Banned

I found this one that seems to be highlights of the video you posted but it's only 8mins long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRs8Pn7TErU

Income taxes were supposed to be gone after WWII. HA! Easy money for the government going away, yeah right.... I think we should abolish the income tax & death tax and put the IRS on trial for grand larceny.

19. simms

simms CH Dog

:)..................

20. renegadepit

renegadepit Big Dog

The video was great!

I didn't catch the debate, but I watch FOX News everyday. The sad thing is as much as they cover politics and debates I have yet to hear Ron Paul speak until I saw this clip.
    The new station always only show the heavy hitters like Rudy, Obama, Romney, etc. Never seen coverage on Ron. They need to start showing him. Ron has some good libertarian views that needs to be brodcasted.