1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

would like to start a raw diet journal

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by popper, Feb 2, 2010.

1. popper

popper CH Dog

imm add kidney to the raw diet tomorrow

2. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

The best way around this is to raise your own chickens. :D

3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

No you cant just feed meat and yes the other stuff like bones and organs is necessary.

4. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I wish I could! but since that's not available organic is the BEST way to go since it comes from people who raise their own animals not a factory.:)

5. popper

popper CH Dog

scratchin dog you feed raw?

6. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Oh no! lol

7. popper

popper CH Dog

1 sweet patatoe
    1 turkey leg
    kidney
    little albacore tuna
    spinach

8. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

I'm thinking about going raw with one of mine just to see how well it helps get one ready for a show.

9. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

Oh for the love of GAWD!:rolleyes:

Im hungry now. Can I get two hormone injected chicken wings, with a side of mad cow? And also some string beans that have been sprayed with chemicals, too. mmmmmmm

10. popper

popper CH Dog

i just got from wal mart and i bought up all the chicken and cornish game hens(tjey were on sale)

11. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

LMAO I don't give a rats ass about people who laughs there way around things.

"what man doesn't know or fears, he can only laugh at or hide"

it's funny how the interent communication is just immature and BS at least 80% of the time it's almost as if everyone is so toughen up behind a screen:cool:

so enjoy your "food"! ;) but for the record do a little reading it won't destroy your pride here and there for instance Wikipedia is a good and easy way to start look up organic farming.

12. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Didnt you say your self that you dont buy organic food for your dogs? I dont understand why you think everyone else should. Or am i misunderstanding you? If i had the money i may buy organic meat but not fruit or vegatables.

13. popper

popper CH Dog

i love my walmart

14. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I never said everyone NEEDS to feed organic if you look back to my question, all I had simply asked is if you do not feed organic meat and poultry to your dogs don't you think they are not receiving as much nutrition as they would if they really had organic meat and poultry since organic simply means grass fed, non sterilized etc animals. Then it turned into this sarcasm organic freak blah blah blah.

Well whole foods a grocery store and safeway even has organic products, tend to not be as expensive as people believe. People just freak out if something is $2 more then the other kind but to me health is what keeps us alive so why be cheap? I am sure the same applies to our dogs that's why we don't feed iams and pedigree correct? but if you would watch or research a little, you will find out that if meat and poultry is not organic those animals are being fed corn instead of grass. Don't you think it's ironic that one of the major reasons we don't feed iams and pedigree are because they are filled with corn and grains? so pretty much the cow and chicken are filled with corn. The chickens that are non organic are not injected themselves, their feed is and that's what gives them such a horrible hormone imbalance because their bodies grow twice the size as normal chickens would it's all been exposed.

My family is not super wealthy or rich but my mother never ignores the vital priority when it comes to our health and thus, that's when I began looking into things and realized just exactly what I had been consuming all these years that we wouldn't eat organically. I certainly taste the difference and so does everyone else in my family and we never become sick anymore or feel ill. Sure it's not a one way ticket to make you immortal but hey how is something as caring for your body something to laugh over? Once again however, I did not state that people need to do anything besides maybe do a little research before creating a :rolleyes: comment I didn't make this complicated at all, passing down good is all I intended. Also though I am going to start feeding organic to my dog since we found a place where I can obtain a better deal. She does have organic eggs already.

15. widerange

widerange Big Dog

i have been reading over different things about feedin raw and i really want to switch over after i get as much knowledge as i can on the topic. correct me if im wrong on any of this since i dont want to mess this up being new...... 1. vegs. should be use lil or not at all in the food 2. chicken, beef, fish, and rabbit seem to be the best/ most used meat? 3. should organs be used in the mix daily? 4. what kind of oil is best used? ( noticed a few people have stated that they use different kinds)? 5. are vitamins must? and if so why? thks for any help anyone offers

16. popper

popper CH Dog

you will get diffrent people with diffrent beliefs . i personally like adding veggeis at night , just make sure you have a main meat source. last night i had two diffrent veggies , my sweet patatoe and spinach. but start out wiht a meat source , i like to mix it up , chicken , turkey, beef, and fish, i may start adding rabbit if i can find it. make sure you give meat with bone and then add the organ meat. i personally add about 3 diffrent organs per week. ill do liver 3 times, kidneys, and gizzards and just alternate. and you can throw in little things like eggs with the shell , maybe a little yougurt. just research and keep a variety of meat sources.... wal mart has evreything ya need and is priced fairly good.. i cat get hearts ther though

17. popper

popper CH Dog

and noone cares about organic ... if we did we woul switch ...... if you like organic then by all means go for it... but i could give a rats ass about it... go join a peta site and talk organic

18. Bink

Bink Pup

Organic food: Buy or bypass?
    Many factors may influence your decision to buy — or not buy — organic food. Consider these factors:

Nutrition. No conclusive evidence shows that organic food is more nutritious than is conventionally grown food. And the USDA — even though it certifies organic food — doesn't claim that these products are safer or more nutritious.
    Quality and appearance. Organic foods meet the same quality and safety standards as conventional foods. The difference lies in how the food is produced, processed and handled. You may find that organic fruits and vegetables spoil faster because they aren't treated with waxes or preservatives. Also, expect less-than-perfect appearances in some organic produce — odd shapes, varying colors and perhaps smaller sizes. In most cases, however, organic foods look identical to their conventional counterparts.
    Pesticides. Conventional growers use pesticides to protect their crops from molds, insects and diseases. When farmers spray pesticides, this can leave residue on produce. Some people buy organic food to limit their exposure to these residues. Most experts agree, however, that the amount of pesticides found on fruits and vegetables poses a very small health risk.
    Environment. Some people buy organic food for environmental reasons. Organic farming practices are designed to benefit the environment by reducing pollution and conserving water and soil.
    Cost. Most organic food costs more than conventional food products. Higher prices are due to more expensive farming practices, tighter government regulations and lower crop yields. Because organic farmers don't use herbicides or pesticides, many management tools that control weeds and pests are labor intensive. For example, organic growers may hand weed vegetables to control weeds, and you may end up paying more for these vegetables.
    Taste. Some people say they can taste the difference between organic and nonorganic food. Others say they find no difference. Taste is a subjective and personal consideration, so decide for yourself. But whether you buy organic or not, finding the freshest foods available may have the biggest impact on taste.

19. cutt

cutt CH Dog

I smell PUSSIFIED PETA on whoever talks about the chickens,cows,pigs @ the farms and how there treated... I can careless, feed the fat fucks, killem, then thrown there corn fed assses on the smoker,,,

FUCKA ORGANIC

20. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

why would I want you to switch to organic after your rude sarcastic self cannot tolerate it? by the looks of everything you have to say, you're just crying for attention :rolleyes: look I am glad you don't want to switch to organic! as I already said why would you after you made yourself clear on it. Someone else had asked me about it so I answered and your laughter keeps following behind along with the rude remarks and funny attention comments, this site doesn't evolve around you so have a good night and maybe have dreams of organic products staying away from you just to add the extra points your thriving on.