1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Would this be a worthy pup?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by skpits, Nov 6, 2006.

1. skpits

skpits Pup

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

3. skpits

skpits Pup

4. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Depends on what you are looking for and how the dogs produced IMO...

5. skpits

skpits Pup

this is a repeat breeding that the breeder done a while back.. all of those pups turned out real well. They were trained for pull, protection and shaunsand training(sp) Im looking for a dog with a good amount of drive that I can work and will go all out for me

6. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Sounds good. Just remember just because the breeding was repeated doesn't mean the exact results will be but it is a good sign IMO. Will they let you eval the pups before purchase and when do they do picks??? The later towards 8 weks you can pick the better because you'll see more of what the pups is like coming out

For example, in my own pups now I'm seeing a lot of changes and they are just 4 weeks old and many more to come I'm sure. But already we are starting to get an idea of who is laid back, who is more dominant and who is into everything and causing the trouble. If you have to pick too ewarly that info is npot available

With finding a great working dog the only for sure way to know is getting an older pup or proven adult. But when getting a young pup you have the best shot @ getting what you want by doing a good eval on the litter instead of just doing a pot luck pick when they are teeny. JMO

Good luck with whatever you decide

7. I've already given you my opinion on those pups but again they are going to have a very high drive. I know you are experienced with game dogs so shouldn't be a problem. That's an extremely nice litter and I know what your taste are to a certain extent so they should give you what your looking for as far as a working dog is concerned. I would work on the pups temperment toward others asap though (other dogs that is).

8. skpits

skpits Pup

lol and I value your opinion just wanting to know what everyone elses take was on it as well.. I know in the end it will be a decision i will have to make as well as the party having the puppies. And yes that would be something i would work on.

9. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

THIS DOG'S BREEDING IS NOT IN THE DATABASE

10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Is this your breeding? Just had to ask, as it sounds like it. ANd yes the info is not in the database. Was it removed? if so, why?

11. skpits

skpits Pup

nah someone took it out of the database. Oh well, thanks everyone for your input.

12. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

I was wondering how much you are going to spend on him/her? I liked the breeding.

13. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

Since its all a gamble anyway, what the hell?! Them Yellow/Mayday dogs are awesome anyway, so you know youre gonna get a straight up rockstar. If dude is doing a repeat, it must be demand or to get a hold of some other quality dogs. Snatch one up and if worse comes to worse, all youve done is raise a well bred dog, someone will get it off you.

14. skpits

skpits Pup

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2006
  15. why would you buy a dog from them? don't do it...look at what he says and the way his dogs are bred...they are crap....

16. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I was thinking the same thing, but to each his own!!

17. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Agreed. I really like how they have a dog up for stud who isnt even fully matured. Only in it for the $$$$$$$$$$. Willing to pass his color on to his kids??????? WTF???

.."Chopper is an unusual color. He has a rednose with yellow eyes. He is a young dog and has alot of maturing to do before reaching his adult size. His bloodlines consist of Winegarner heritage and is very, very, strongly bred for blue.He is willing to pass his unique color on to his kids....-He has a super friendly temperment and is not real "gamey" with other animals. He is offered for stud service to approved females--- $500/guaranteed

18. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

Dont worry, when he is done maturing he'll be more "gamey" :D

19. skpits

skpits Pup

This wasn't an attempt to bash someone, their kennel or their reputation. This woman puts time and effort into her dogs, and she also has a club for the dogs, in her area as well. She's totally not in it for the money, as I have been offered dogs from her yard, for deals, not money. This being said, I asked about the pedigree of the dog, and not the breeder. I appreciate the responses, but this isn't at all what I was looking for.

While I realize you should and do base your buying of pups, from a person on they way they run their kennel, and etc. If I had a question about the particular kennel I would have asked if anyone had heard of them. I've seen what the previous litter of dogs can do, they are awesome for wp, and confirmation. The ped doesn't make the dog, the dog makes the ped. While I realize that a repeat breeding doesn't always put out the same results, sometimes it can. I'm looking for a dog that has drive, temperment and confirmation for my yard.

Once again thanks for your responses. Please do not bash someone you know nothing about.

20. skpits

skpits Pup

BTW the dog that you guys are referring to in the post, has nothing to do with this particular pedigree. She was explaining that he isn't generally a "gamey" dog, and that it was a good thing. Some people don't want a yard full of game.