1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ya or Na

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pit#5, Mar 27, 2009.

1. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I was wondering if from a few pics and info some members could
    Give an opinion for my dog who is a family pet
    He is at the end of 7 months old born September 15 2009 weighs 70 pounds
    For a PB I would consider him chubby my wife worked hard at it and proud of this accomplishment .I feel if I was the only one to have him he’d be 60 pounds He is a slow moving lumbering dog, not much of a jumper and needs help getting up surfaces higher then 3 feet. As a 5 week old puppy he was very athletic running up stairs but my wife ended that after three days and made him a very fat puppy .On the ground he has raw power and holds his own in relation to running and other ground athletics, also if I hold back on the food for a few days, waiting to come out is a fast moving athletic dog. I am just as guilty keeping him well fed to slow him down a bit. Not a DA dog as long as you’re on his side. Can not be trusted with dogs since he is defensive and once that door is open you have a situation not easily stopped, he is submissive to people bold around dogs
    His color is Buck skin, hair is short but not the real tight to skin type at his rump down his tail 4 inches I see a zig zag fir direction thing. His feet are webbed like a poodle or other water dog; can a pit have Web feet? He likes to retrieve balls and chase I did not teach him this. If I look at Stratton books and see APBTs that look like him but still wonder is he a Pit Boxer, Boxer Lab, Boxer Lab Pit, and just big Pit. Over all his personality is Pit Bull. We had a very cold winter so I plan to start running him and up his excise with my mountain bike I am excited see what shows up.
    My wife is nagging to alter him and unless some one tells me I have a specimen I see no reason to breed him but I want to wait till he is at least 2 , I heard testosterone regulates dog size What do you guys think about that also ?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
  2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

this is the smartest thing i have seen you post yet. neutering the dog is fine-he is over 6 months old and of unknown origin- make the appointment and get it done

3. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

He's just a pet might as well

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I gree. He is old enough to neuter. Pretty dog.

5. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

I would bet there is something else in him. maybe some mastiff or mastiff type breed, maybe even rottie, hard to say. Most of these questions you have asked before.....
    No, pits do not have webbed feet. You can get a genetic oops maybe but more likely he has lab or water type dog in him. You should get a picture of his toes they may not be webbed like you think.
    Yes he does look over weight and I don't see boxer but it's all a guessing game.
    He is old enough to be fixed and don't worry about his growth, I don;t like it when they spay/neuter at younger than 4-5 months.

6. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

Yup, he could definitely stand to lose some weight. Even if he's just a pet. . . I like to keep my dogs lean.

Good for you for making the decision to have him neutered!

7. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Yeah, that dog is way too heavy. Please find a way to convince your wife to stop overfeeding him. That isn't healthy. It is bad for the joints, heart, etc. If she loves the dog, she should understand that she is hurting him.

Pretty dog nonetheless. It is awfully big for 7 months. I wouldn't doubt that there is something else mixed in somewhere.

8. Funny. My female puppy seems like your dog. Buck skin, white shoes in the back feet, black tip at the tale, just a small black mask up front, and WEBBED feet. She also has big floppy ears like your dog.

9. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Yup, them are some webbed feet! lol Probably Lab in there somewhere. very cute pup

10. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

^that is one ginormous paw on that pup!!!:eek:

11. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Keeping your dog at a healthy weight (not fat or too skinny) can add 2, count 'em TWO, healthy years onto your dogs life.

If you love them, don't let them be fat.

12. tell me about it! lol.. but i do have smallish hands too. when I saw pics of her parents I was like dam those are some big paws.

[​IMG]

13. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Is he registered? I think you said he was not. That one dog on the left looks more like a Bordeaux/apbt. jmo
    CUTE puppy though, and the cat looks thrilled!:p

14. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

My dog looked like that as a pup
    I find PB mixes interesting but I fear them a little more then a true APBT
    I just believe a true APBT is more stable with people , kids ect. You know my dog and conditionzero could start a new strain APBWT " American Pit Bull Water Terrier"

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      64.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009