1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

yall'd be proud

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pittfallin, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Pitfallin-I AM very proud that you showed your friend what a game dog looks like, and turned him onto the site.

BUT I don't like the sound of this guys character. I think he went from being an irresponsible Bluff owner to an irresponsible game-bred dog owner... which could easily be worse. I really hope he takes the time to learn A LOT more about the breed, because he doesn't sound like he is much for patience, or doing his homework BEFORE he makes big decisions.

2. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Imo its a good thing u tried to help the breed by preventing a bad breeding and culling a maneater. I do think the guy rushed into getting another dog, but u cant stop that.

Honestly, in this day and age without a mentor or friends involved with the dogs its VERY HARD to find out a lot of info without a cpu. They just assume bigger is better not knowing the truth. Most people arent gonna go to the library and research dogs they dont have a clue about(but think they know ALL about em already). Its hard to help this kind of person who already thinks they know everything and u cant tell em much if u dont know much yourself either. I guess what I'm trying to say is if people dont REALLY love the dogs and their heritage, they arent gonna take the time or money to research them. Most people dont care, but still own a pitbull type dog anyway. I know Im preaching to the choir. I just wish they would pick ANY other breed to ruin the rep of but mine.

When Atilla said "here have a bag of crap". I think that was your quote? Anyway, it was PRICELESS I laughed for a few off that.

3. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Just a lil more 2cents. If u could stop throwing the word "game" like that it would make u sound less ignorant.

That man didnt get a game/game bred dog. You dont go from 100 lb bluffs to game bred dogs in short time and after talking to 1 person. If he knew anyone who "did" dogs they would have laughed him out a long time ago!!

Not saying Martys dogs arent game, but no way from a picture can u tell if his dogs r "game" or "game bred". Bred true to form? YES INDEED, but game?? You or I will never find out. When I use the word "game bred" Im not talkin game bred peds, you could have a "game bred" or "game" dog with no pedigree in sight or knowledge of ancestors. Your dog could even be DG from show lines or Razors Edge(LOL :rolleyes: ). A game bred dog is from generations of dogs tested and deemed worthy starting with the FIRST generation.

Im trying not to sound like an a$$hole. No offense intended.

The Watcher and BoogiemanBlood like this.
  4. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Apparently nothing is obvious to this guy. He now thinks your word is gold, and you are all knowing... please do is good and try to lead this guy away from ruining the breed. Good luck with that because he sounds like a piece of work with a new game bred pup.

5. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

if i did somthin wrong then tell me what to do next time, WATCHER told me he wouldent have done nothin...well thats the problem. no one will tell these people right, or at least try. im not going to watch anyone ruin somthing that i love. WATCHER also said that i shouldent compare my dog to MARTYS, why the hell not....if mine gets baned then his dogs would be baned also. so no,... they ARE compareable...

6. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

ive seen the dog hes got now, and yes ive seen the temperment of the dog. as you said id dont need a ped. to be game right?
    so how do you know that it isnt a game dog?...ive seen it and i say it showed gameness

7. lol you are digging yourself a hole you're never gonna get out of. i doubt very seriously you've seen the dog's gameness.

edit: go to the glossary and look up "game" "gameness"

8. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I don't like the stereo-typing of dogs. There are plenty of great mutts (as pets or working) out there, and plenty of good 100+ lb. dogs. I don't think anyone has the right to assume a dog will turn HA just because it isn't game-bred. Don't contradict yourself. Just because APBT's are one of the best breeds for families doesn't mean everything else is a danger to society. It is idiots like this guy who are a danger to society IMO.

9. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

do you have nothing to offer but to critisize?

10. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

LOL...Im on YOUR SIDE. There is a possibility it could be a DG ace dog ill give u that, but what good would it do in his hands?? Hes all of a sudden Earl Tudor now that he got a game bred dog and talked 2 u??

davidlau_2002 and Pitbull219 like this.
  11. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

They think it's bad ass to have a vicious dog? Sounds like that point of view hasn't changed on this guy, because now he thinks he has a dog kill-worthy and before he just had one that just LOOKED kill-worthy. What are his plans for this dog anyway? I don't like this guy... maybe his new pup should disappear.

Do us a favor and get a look at that ped... we are dying with curiousity as to what this guy is raising.

12. what i'm trying to offer is the meaning of "game" or "gameness". don't be a dickhead to me cuz i told you to go look it up. to see gameness you would have to see a dog in a roll which is down, on the bottom, hurt, or otherwise behind and still want to continue. just because you don't know the definition of "game" or "gameness" don't be a retard and acuse me of criticizing! i was trying to inform you that you were making yourself look like an idiot and to stop before you went any further. so since you were too lazy to go look it up i hope you see the definition of "game" now fool.

13. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i compleatly disagree with the fact that he got the dog, dont get me confused.

i dont know what else to say, i cant comtroll what he does ,but i can try my damndest to help him

14. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

what a damn smartass, your real tuff bud. if youre not gonna cortribute then dont post. is it not possible to see gameness in a dog without ever rolling it?

if you get a game bred dog, and you never roll it ...is it still game?..for instance your dogs. you said they were game bred. what gives you the right to call your dogs game without testing them?

BoogiemanBlood likes this.
  15. i rest my case. thanks for making the point. i did nothing to piss you off. i tried to help you from looking ignorant but so be it. go go go.

edit: oh an to answer your question....no it's not possible and you never seen me say my dogs are game.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
    CrazyK9 likes this.
  16. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

ill try to get some pics of the dogs and look at the ped. ill post them if i can

17. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

his new pup should dissapear ?hate dog theives but i agree with you on this one if you are really doing it for the good of the dog.

BoogiemanBlood likes this.
  18. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

It's very hard to say the right things to people like that. I would have really focused more on training, proper containment, overpopulation, human aggression. I would have also showed him this site, as you did, and I would have also showed him what a real APBT was, BUT I would have explained WHY they are superior. Such as NO human aggression, RESPONSIBLE breeding, owners, etc. etc. I would have emphasized that the dogs that are great are great because of their OWNERS and the breeders.

It takes a lot of dealing with stupid people to learn what to say. I worked in rescue a lot, so I know people like this guy. It's sad... and they usually do just as he did and go out and get a new pup like it's the dogs fault and not HIS. But now you have this experience to do something different with your next idiot who is willing to listen.

There are good things happening. This guy is not only willing to learn from you, he is also making changes (like killing his dog) because he is trusting your knowledge. I think you can help him by doing your best. I really think he will listen to you, but you need to press new issues, like the ones I mentioned.

19. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Game bred, and game are very different. I think you need to listen. I know you feel defensive because you are getting a lot of negative responces when you felt you did something good, but your understanding of game is wrong. You should look it up as suggested and learn what you can because this guy is going to be learning from you.

20. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

thank you. after the first wave of ass chewing all i wanted to hear is some bettr advice. i tried to tell hm eveything you mentioned without compleatly offending him