1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yard dogs/House Dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mfern004, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

How many dogs do you have are they pitbulls , if so, they must not be game bred dogs, because if they were, you would have a big problem on a daily basis lol.

All my dogs are yard dogs,I own 1 male game bred pitbull and male and female bandogs, my female bandog and male pitbull are in a large kennel with a chain set up and the male bandog is always patroling the outside part of the house, he does an excellent job,I walk my dogs on a daily baisis, and they pull on that lead like a freight train..................

2. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Why cant they be game-bred dogs rojas,love the dog in your avater by the way,are you from that area PM if you want might be something we can talk about....

3. mfern004

mfern004 Big Dog

It seems like just about everyone agrees that a gamebred dog can still be a good housedog. I'm going to keep my next little prospect primarily indoors and see how things go. Thanks for the input.

4. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

The pup I just got is goin to be an house dog. as it stands and she is doin great.. but then a gain she is one SMART cookie.:D smartest pup I have ever seen

5. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

YES , I HAVE 2 THEY ARE PITBULLS AND ARE "GAMEBRED" TO THE FULLEST!!! JUST CAUSE OF THERE BLOOD DOESNT MEAN THEY CANT GET ALONG:eek: THEY ARE "PETS" NOT RAISED TO BE "TESTED" I DONT CONDONE ANYTHING ILLEGAL..THEY PARTICIAPTE IN CONFORMATION,SPRINGPOLE,AND NOW I HAVE 1 "GAMEBRED" DOG GOING FOR HIS SCH BH AND HOPEFULLY HIS SCH 1 THIS SUMMER..AND HAVE JUST AS MUCH WORKING ABILITLY AS AN "OUTSIDE" DOG..BTW THEY PULL ON THERE LEADS LIKE "FREIGHTTRAINS" ALSO!!! "TRISTAN" ONE OF MY DOGS CAN RUN AND JUMP AND CLEAR A 6 FT PRIVACY FENCE WITHOUT EVEN TRYING...

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

how are you so shure that your dogs are game bred because of what the papers say

what line do you have

its easy to look at a ped and say yeah shes game bred

but its more to it than that

if the people you got your dogs from are raising and training show dogs,WP,SCH dogs then I hate to break it to ya but thats what you have

I dont give a damn if your pup has eli jr 27 times in its ped
    if three or four gen. of dogs in the ped were used for anything but gameing
    then you dont have a game bred dog

WE MAY ALL BE VICTIMS TO THE SHOW BREEDER

MAN I WISH THINGS WERE A LOT DIFFERENT I LIKE HOGGING FOR SHURE
    BUT IT MUST OF BEEN SOMETHING TO SEE SOME HAIR FLY AND NOT WORRY SOMEBODY SNITCHING

I bet they had a blast

7. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

mine are inside...I started messing up and "over training" my gamedog....he wasnt as responcive as I like him to be...more like a show dog. He stoped being so responsive to other people and animals/dogs (no I dont want my dog to jump at everything that moves but at the last show he didnt look twice at any dog).... so I left it at the basic training, let him start pulling the leash again, and just being a dog and now he is the best dog I could want....
    I have never owned a outside dog so cant say which would be better. I do know I sometimes wish I had a kennel run or something for my dogs just for the days I cant run them but with my house being a rental thats outa the question.....

8. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

Personally, i have to keep my dogs on chains. If not they wouldnt be in the yard anymore. We have a eight foot privacy fence and my male can climb out. The ONLY time he is allowed to run loose is when I'm back there with him or he's in the house. And my female is whodini in fur. i havent seen one cage or kennel that she couldnt get out of.

9. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=223811
    here is one....parents are"gamebred" and "proven" for sure...i know the people i got my dogs personally and they have "fastlane" dogs...i just like the "blood" and knowing i have a true"apbt"...none of the parents are "show" or "weightpull" dogs...thats something that i choose to particapate in..:p

10. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Even if they was raised to be tested and were started on a hog or whatever kingcrack I dont know where the notion that they cant get along with other dogs came from its rubbish

11. Lipcurl

Lipcurl Big Dog

Agree with ala' ive heard and seen many a dog get along very well with his or her house mates, and when time came to hunt, there was no problems there either. Theres a historical story about two litter brothers travelling in pickup together after one had a hunting session the previous few hours.

12. alabama

alabama Big Dog

And another one of two dogs being rolled into each other.the men put one in the front of van and one in a cage in the back and went on to roll more dogs.when they came back to the van the two dogs were curled up together licking each others wounds:eek::)

13. Boze

Boze Top Dog

that is the type of dog i love. the ones that no the difference between play and work. i stated earlier that in the colby book he says that dogs raised as house dogs make smarter hunters, and i was wondring what other people think about that

14. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i can say i know of that story;)....very true.....mad as feck ....but very true.....lol.:D

15. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Don't let anybody tell you that a house dog cannot be a good hunting dog. They certainly can. I agree that the house dog is smarter on the average just because there is so much interaction between you and the dog. I always have between 1 and 3 in the house.
    An adult male, and adult female and a younger one of either sex. The older dogs are very tolerant and teach the young ones some invaluable traits in playing with them. When they are no longer tolerant, the young one goes on the chain most times.
    I also agree that the chained dog is in the best shape overall. But that is where tread mills come in handy.:D

16. alabama

alabama Big Dog

How about a lead and collar scooter ya lazy mofo lol:D

17. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Yeah I have had a bulldog in the house that ended up working out very well.

Doesn't hurt them if you handle them right and keep them exercised. Something I noticed was that I had a even better rapport with the dog than I had with my dogs that were on the chain. I could read the dog even better than I could my yard dogs and the dog seemed to work better for me, I attributed this to the fact that we spent so much time together.

18. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Well now that is true enough Alabama, I leave that to my husand! When he is home from the rigs he handwalks.:D I walk the halls of the OR during the day plenty.:p

19. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

I agree that, house dogs might have a better relationship with their master, but , that is possible only if you have 1-2 dogs max, lets not forget, one of the main reasons a pitbull is on a chain set up is for containment not excercise, If i had only 1 dog i would probably make him in inside dog, but that is not may case and i will not risk accidents, learned my lesson by now lol.

20. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

all this talk about "gamebred", newsflash..the job they were bred for is no longer their job. i've never owned a gamebred dog, but my dog's job was to hunt,catch, and bring down pigs and other nuisance animals. thats "tested" enough for me.. i could give a shit less if he had cur blood. if thats what a cur is, then gimme some mo'.

sorry for going off-topic.. but some people need to pull their head out of their ass.