1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yard Dogs Maintnance

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rojas, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Germanic

Germanic Pup

where do you get that? (im from Michigan)

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

wood chips are go in the summer . but they need hay in the winter if you want them to stay warm .

3. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Hay has more moisture content and straw is more dry

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

any big horse farm, they will buy the stuff with low dust content, weiher they cut it a bit earlyier in trhe season or may it be a diffrent type of straw, just the best quality straw you can get, you will see it advertized as horse quality straw most times.

5. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

Not sure if it would work for your set up ,but what I do when it gets colder were iam at.I hang a treble light in their house and they give off pretty good heat.

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

yeah im in the mist of a move out west and there in the Blue barrels now, and i might have to put a trouble light in an old electrical box on the inside at the back of the house and keep the cords running out the back o the house so they dont get chewed, just keep house to the outside of the chainspots, im gunna rebuild new houses when out there and set up again. i just pack a ton of straw and there good with a rubber flap for now.

7. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

How far west you heading Buck

8. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

Last year i just went with the cedar shaving, this season im going to try out horse quality straw, using rubber flaps for the dog houses never worked for me, my dogs rip that out asoon as i install it lol