1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yard Set Up

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by YoungLion, Jan 13, 2007.

1. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

Looking For Ideas If You Have Pics Or Links That Illustrate A Yard Set Up Can You Post Them. I Have Finally Got Enough Land To Keep More Dogs. Its Been A Long Time Coming Yrs Of Planning And Work. I Have Yard Videos And Tons Of Books & Mags Just Lookin For Some More Ideas And Suggestions. From Houses To Feed Bowls Chain Set Up To General Tips Would Help.

God Bless

2. Well we build our own houses to suit EACH dog. (in fact we are right now, building 2 more) (just taking a break from it) we put hallways in our dog houses to keep rain and winter winds out of their actual bedding part. They are great! and food and water bowls, best are concrete and you can buy or make your own, we make ours. We have just recently ordered 160ft of grade 70 transport chain (it is cheaper when you buy it in bulk) (for 160ft. it is $260.00 and at your local stores by the foot it is $2.20/ft) It is a little more expensive than regular chain, but will will pay for itself in the long run) it is stronger (3150lb test weight) and lighter (almost half the weight of regular chain) for the dogs, esecially if you younger ones that need to be on chain.
    And of Course Stillwater has the best O-rings and any collar your little heart desires. And your local junkyard has the axels (and the cheapest) Hope some of it helped you out!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2007
  3. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

thank you for your help.

God bless

4. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

well, if you haven't got alot of dogs, this is what i'd do. first get a house. i use a 55 gallon drum with a door cut into thye bottom. then put straw or cedar chips in as bedding. i'd buy a large chain-link fence hennel/run. then i would place a chain set-up inside. meaning you'd have to get an axle and the other supplies to do that: 3" "o"ring, chain section,hvy duty swivel chain, collar attachment w/swivel, and a good collar. that's keep him/her safe in and others safe outside of it. i got most of this hardware for sale on my site if you're interested. the link is in my signature below. or pm me

5. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

thanks for the feedback excellent website also. where did u get you 55 gal drums?

6. see if atilla can post some pics of his dog houses. He has some real nice dog houses that I plan on making for my dogs aswell. I juse a axle and chain. 10' up to a 15' depending on the space. 15' chain might be a little big I do have a few 8' chains but eithor whey. Marty gave me a few axles which worked out nice for a couple new dogs that I got. Thanks for those marty I forgot to mention that. But regular car axle and chain setup have the dog house about 21/2' in towards the center of the axle if it is to far the dog will wrap the chain around the house.

7. Marty

Marty Guest

It was my pleasure man, did you get any good pics while down here?

Thank you so much for the stickers, I still haven't taken pics of the van with them on but I'll get to it soon ;)

8. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I am by no means a "true dogwomen", but here is a pic of my muts with their new screening on the ground. It is so much easier to keep clean now. Thanks to Marty for that idea as well as the chain setup. My next goal is a house that they can't eat!!!

9. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

[​IMG]

Forgot to show a pic of the new screening.

10. Marty

Marty Guest

Link don't work for me ;)

11. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Need to upload it to a picture host like photobucket. then copy and paste the link :)

12. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

[​IMG]
    We drive an axel through 2- 2" or 3" (can't remember at the second which we have) hook a C hook (we put lock tight on this one) with a swivel then the chain then anothe swivel then a c hook to their collar.
    We check all of our hardware twice a day - from axel to collar
    That is the most important

13. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

[​IMG] Here you go. Sorry for the delay.