1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

yard set-up

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CRG, May 8, 2004.

1. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

You know the saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink lol.
    Bullsnaps may be working now...but please believe, they are pieces of shit lol. I know I don't plan on losing another dog to a accident because I was too stubborn to switch out them bull snaps, thank God I don't have any more thats for sure...
    BB

2. MMK

MMK Guest

one problem with snaps i noticed is that the springs that keep the snap closed will rust and break and no longer keep closed and u will have a loose dog. the best thing is 2-2 1/2 stainless welded orings with the collar fed through the oring.
    MMK

3. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

I prefer chains because the dogs can work themselves on it. I have chains and kennels but prefer the chains because a dog won't put on weight the way they will in a kennel. Also with kennels, you almost always have to have a cover of somesort to prevent a jumper. Use what your space will allow.

4. korrey

korrey Pup

Where is a good place to get the orings, swivels and coldshuts??? Is all this available at Home depot or Menards?? Excuse the newbie question, but I want to do it right the first time. Thanks

5. i go to a feed store here witch is were i get my chain set ups they cost me around 15.00 a set up but it is no better way to keep your pit safe i keep all my dogs on chains and if you have a good blood line you dont wont to losse money

6. Marty

Marty Guest

Here is the best setup for your dogs safety, that we have been able to come up with.
    The collar should be 2in and heavyduty ;)

Attached Files:

7. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Hey Marty, what are ya'll using for the axel ring. It looks like a weight donut for a baseball bat.

8. Marty

Marty Guest

It is a 3/4 weldless ring, we found the chain will wear out if its wraped around the axel with a lap link. ;)