1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yard Setups?? or Indoor?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TheFinest, Apr 3, 2010.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I really just put them there for looks, i liked how it looked so I kept it there, i suppose it might help for a digger, none of mine dig so i dont know for sure if it would work or not, i imagine a determined dog would still be able to dig under the kennel and move a brick or 2 enought to get out, they only weigh like 10 lbs.

2. AGK

Its ok, I won't lose any sleep over it. If I didn't have people hatein on me I'm must be doing something wrong....:D

Now that I know who he is, I can respect him to an extent but still won't bow down to anyone, not to mention he thinks I'm someone else which is apparent by his animal control comment. Haters hate thats just what they do. Sort of like opinions are like assholes, everyones got one;)

3. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Looks good to me. Id rather live my life in that set up than spend a cold north winter in a barrol. Some folks just dont like folks from the city owning dogs.:rolleyes:

4. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

AGK or any other dog owner that is taking care of their dogs doesn't have to explain their self to anybody.I'm glad that they do say what they do have or have done because it could save a person that wants to learn time,money,aggravation,and a dogs life.Not to mention all it takes is some fool to do something stupid and we all pay in the end.Who knows someone might have an idea that is so simple that u never thought of it.You should always try to learn new things about caring for your dogs.

5. BIG BLUE

BIG BLUE Pup

I may have the strangest Pitbull ever. He is scared to jump out of the bed of my truck, lol. We have a 4 ft fence out back that he can put his paws on top of and never once tried to jump it. He has busted one of the boards though. He really does not want to go anywhere, if he wasnt a pit bull I would just leave him off leash when I walk him but it would scare the whole neighborhood. I am sure that is playing with fire but I dont want to build a new fence until I have to.

My Boxer I had could jump anything, we had a 6ft privacy fence that was a joke in his eyes. We would let him out back and he would come scratch on the front door to get back in.

6. AGK

Never had one escape yet and I use 10 x 10 kennels. I put tops on them and brick around them. Escape artists get a chain on top of the other stuff. Took these pictures today and all I see is smiles so I'll take that as their alright with their set ups.....lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AGK

8. picasso

picasso Big Dog

The kennel setups are nice but wire fence can never house 90% of real bulldogs, the only accident I had was because a bitch within a hour mind you this when I doubled up ties on the fence wiring to the post at all corners and the door. She damn near ripped the door off by pulling the fencing inside towards her until the kennel door bent enough for her to squeeze through. That WAS going to be a great one but she ran into the wrong one to say the least. Very few dogs can be kept in anything but a chain outside or a magnum kennel. BTW, the fencing on that kennel was the heavier gauge than your standard fence kennel and this dog was 35lbs and not your average bred dog so that had a lot to do with it but I never would have guessed that accident. They do make higher quality cheap version of Magnum kennels that have worked well for us that are welded hog wire from the AKC, so far on smaller dogs like I have they work great but if I had a choice, chain is superior to all other situations for a bulldog but many of you don't have bulldogs so don't worry about it. HA!

9. AGK

Chain set ups are the best way for sure but when your in a city environment, the look of several chain set ups brings the wrong eyes around. I don't know what 100 % bulldogs are we only worry about the 110's :p

10. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

You look after your dogs good AGK, nice set-ups

11. AGK

I double up the fencing when needed. And as mentioned before, chains go on the escape artists. I like chain set ups better personally but just don't need the unwanted attention and opinions they bring.

12. PA pitman

PA pitman Pup

I've kept a male and female together as house dogs with out a prob. Both were crate trained, but after we got passed chewing things they rarely went in. ( always separated during the bitches heat) idk if I'd even attempt two males and surely would t leave them alone in the house, I'd think two females raised together would have a good chance at being trusted. They are pack animals and will fight for the dominant position if they feel they can get it so u always have to remember that........ My ideal would be cpl chainspots for males, kennels for females with pups, and either rotate the housedog position as to have all of them trained to do so , or just keep my fave as the housedog and give it to the next fave when that one goes

13. AGK

We raise them in the house for about 15 to18 months. Basic obedience train them, keep them close to the family then they go out in the Kennels. I did have the problem with one of them pulling the fencing off the kennel frame once but haven't seen it again since I started lining the inside of the kennels with fencing. If one of them ever did escape the kennels, they can't just run over and hit the one next to them, then they still have a property fence to get over. So far, I've never had an issue for me with my average bred curs :D :dogtongue:

14. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

I would rather chain but Ive been penning for the same reason and you never know when they might change laws and then you needing them all penned at once.Im about to make one out of old garage door tube's,it will be like prison bars but I thinking this will be a good way to hold them in.

15. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Those kennels in the pics look like the commercialy made low quality kennel kits they sell at Lowes, or Home depot. The gage of the chain link on those type of kennels is really weak. If a bulldog wanted to he could wreck it easy and escape.

16. Crisis

Crisis Pup

i agree saiy, but that would take the dog some time i dont care how bad it is. we've had dogs destroy chainlink also, but again it took forever and whenever we noticed we'd nip it in the ass. so i would say if the dog gets lose do to chewing its way out, there would be a substantial ammount of neglegence on the owners side.

17. cutt

cutt CH Dog

we dont use chain link , why? well its an accident waiting to happen. I had a cpl dogs in the past who were placed next chain link fences, and they would tug and tug untill they broke links, so we deemed them as not being bulldog proof... LMAO it does look like plsatic ties holding the chicken wire to the chain link..

Just in case folks dont get it, the last sentence spells disaster in making...lol

18. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Now that you mentioned it cutt it does look like those plastic zip ties. Cant understand why he wouldnt use the normal chain link tie wires but hey what do I know LOL.

19. Crisis

Crisis Pup

i personally like rod iron

20. Crisis

Crisis Pup

shits expensive tho!