1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yard Space Question

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BoiBoi, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Phebes

Phebes Guest

Is it the same as crush n run...we had that on the front of a barn years ago and it was great. Water just ran off and the horses walking back and forth on it didn't even effect it.

2. Breogan

Breogan Big Dog

Well I used to do excavations for buildings and sewers and such. One of the best ways we dealt with mud, was with gravel and this stuff they called filter fabric. We'd dig out some mud, dump the stone, tamp it down, then lay the filter fabric over it. Then you could put a layer of dirt back over it because the water runs right through the fabric but the dirt doesn't. So you always have a nice soft layer of dry dirt. So no soggy mess, mud or sinking dogs. lol Granted the more water you got the thicker the layer of stone needs to be, so for Attila it might not be practical seeing as he gets a whole lot of rain (Granted it would work great, but in terms of cost it might not be practical), but it works great for me. I'll have to run a search and see if the fabric is available somewhere. Mine kind of blew into the back of my truck one day. lol
    -Danny Boy

3. Gee, isn't that a coinsidence ;)....strange how great things happen for us huh? LOL

4. truegames

truegames Big Dog

I use crusher run on mine I wet it down and pack it and it sets up like concrete but it will create dust when it dries. If anyone in NE Georgia needs any rock sand or gravel let me know I can haul it.