1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

you lucky americans...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ganja, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ganja

ganja Big Dog

guys, let me tell you this, some of you are VERY lucky to live in the USA.

this is the kind of situation where I would LOVE to own a gun.

I'll explain things a bit.

I don't necessarily live out in the country, but no big city neither.
    we have about 8 houses in our street and lots of fields if that gives you an idea. that goes for all the streets on my block.
    now this may sound dumb (but I can assure you it isn't funny at all) I am about to shit myself right now.

my dog barks. no ones home and damn my mom didn't close ANY doors and left with MY keys as she couldn't find hers.
    I have gone through the ENTIRE house looking for them so I could "lock myself up" but unfortunately, without much luck..
    to tell the truth, I don't know where my mom is and I'm freaking out about that to. it's 5 in the morning here and she still IS NOT HOME! WTF?! and she works tomorrow which means she doesn't go to bed past 11! :mad:

no calls, no texts, no warning she didn't come home, nothing!
    I don't even know where she is or with who she is.
    gaud I hate it when she dates guys off of internet!

anyways! I'm going off topic.

the dog is barking, which he rarely does. I have heard him bark twice in 6 months of time.
    I'm afraid of the dark (you can laugh all you want, I'm used to it) and I find myself all by myself, totally freaked out because the darn dog is barking and I can't close any damn door in this freaking house!
    wanna laugh some more? out of desperation I took a screwdriver and I took out my doorknob on the outside so no one could get in! how ridiculous is that?!

they have tried to get into our homes a couple times, have gotten into our cars, stolen them, etc etc.
    usually the neighbors GSDxMalinois mix is there to kinda guard our yards (their yard, our yard who's right next to it and the neighbors on the other side of me) but now that dog is gone.

so let me tell you this again, some of you are VERY lucky to be able to carry guns. I sure would be more at peace if I had one on my desk next to me right now lol.

2. venom

venom Top Dog

IMO there are times and situations where breaking the law is okay. No amount of jail time can scare me into not protecting myself and family. First time someone broke into your house shoulda been your cue! Even if its a little pea shooter or some kind of little cricket rifle. You need something.

3. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

bare handed all the way!

4. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

bow and arrow...if the ole knuckles wont work, a spear, ninja sword, hell even a chinese star

5. popper

popper CH Dog

Guns are our problem here .... Cnn compared my city to beirut and Baghdad today( a damn 3rd world country)...... 18 pople shot last weekend..... damn led 10 years in a row in highest murder rateout of all US cities......we have the murder rate equivilant to LA having 4,000 murders a year... so no when your out and you here gun shots ring out and bystanderds getting hit ... im notlucky

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
  6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

So all this happened and your sitting typing this on the internet as all this is going on?

If so I have to ask why?

Why are you sitting typing this up as your feelers are up and you very well may have an intruder on your hands, Instead of typing on the computer use the damn thing to bash the varmint over the head.

And yes you are right we are all very blessed to be able to keep and bear arms.

7. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

get a ball bat, and a bow will stop anybody arrows lock up movement just fine. Maybe a cross bow there really cool 150lb draw

8. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

the way you have worded your post makes it sound like a scene out of assualt on precinct 13.who are these people trying to get in?and how is your mum going to get in if youve removed the outer door handles?

9. beanieman

beanieman Banned

Funny.
    And in the meanwhile you hear something at the door getting more and more freakt out, while it's mum trying to get in :D
    You can always put in some good lighting around your house !.
    The one that goes on as someone get's in range.

10. venom

venom Top Dog

that's not due to our right to own fire arms though! most of them own them illegally and would be harming people if we were carrying swords today.

11. ganja

ganja Big Dog

because I can't do anything else?
    I refuse to get out of this room as long as it ain't morning lol
    that and I got no TV...
    "locked up" (well, without a doorknob to come in lmao!) in a totally dark room would have given me a heart attack! lol
    there was no one (or at least I think) in the end so...
    I left after posting the message I went looking

I have spent a horrible night.
    I couldn't call, couldn't lock the doors, and I still don't know where my mom is right now! (btw, it's way passed noon here)

12. ganja

ganja Big Dog

you know, speaking of it. a couple years ago they robbed a drugstore and the guy fired on the robber, he got sent to jail because the guy died... the robber had a firearm on him!

you do know I'm a girl right? lol and although I have fought a couple times, it only got me covered in bruises/cuts, a broken nose and a broken ankle..

the only thing I could have used would be my keyboard or my computer screen. which I'm sure would do the trick if you hit hard enough... just think about "Wanted" remember his colleague getting hit in the face with the keyboard? lmao!

13. venom

venom Top Dog

I bet if he was put in the same situation twice you would get the same outcome! Being in jail beats being dead. I rather shoot the guy and go to jail for it, rather than him shoot me and he goes to jail for it lol

jail>>>dead

14. spliff

spliff Big Dog

ganja,put the bong down ,take a deep breath and go to bed.sounds like some one laced your shit lol

15. ^^^^^^LOOOOOL, spliff and ganja.........

16. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

thats why u gotta be ready to knuckle up! If thats not working just make sure the guns not in your name;)
    Or get a different type of weapon that is legal

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

judged by 12 or carried by 6. but really see what legal things you can have like tazer or mace knifes & take some self defense classes. it's not as good as a .38 but it should make you mor confidant.

18. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

so ganja, what happened? have you spoken to or seen your mother?

id hit up some self defence classes at the minimum.
    if your worried about the weapons laws use your brain.
    i used to live in a pretty rough neigbour hood and as a skinny kid used to get picked on and rolled for my shoes a few times by older groups of kids, i allways had good shoes and clothing because i had a sponsor thru my sporting talents. running didnt allways help when there are ten older guys chasing you!

if i carried a bat with me on its own and i used it for defence i would be carrying a deadly weapon. if i carried a bat a ball and a mitt, i was just a kid coming home from practice who happened to use his sports equiptment when he felt under threat.
    same deal.

the other thing you have to think about as a woman and guns, is would you be prepared to go thru the worst ie, sexual assault in your own home just because you are too afraid to own a firearm?
    you dont have to kill someone because they enter your house, get a pistol, get some lessons and make it a bit of a hobby, the more you do the calmer you will shoot.
    a .38 in the leg or arm is enough to put off pretty much any crim in the world.
    a second one is a certainty.

or .... you could allways get another set of keys cut.lol.

19. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I'd rather be dead.....

20. ganja

ganja Big Dog

lmao!
    I quitted smoking quite a few months ago :p
    not saying it doesn't happen from time to time, but overall I don't smoke anymore :p