1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

You Need To Watch This

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chinasmom, Sep 5, 2008.

1. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Cesar's on now with Dueling Pitbulls. You should see how these people are trying to seperate them. This is because their are uninformed and don't know how to handle this breed. Not for everyone folks. Need to do your homework first.

2. Marty

Marty Guest

Link?..........

3. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Marty, I am pretty sure it is a brand new episode of the Dog Whisperer that is airing tonight on National Geographic. I saw the commercials for it last week and already set it to record on my DVR. If I recall correctly, they were breaking these dogs up with their hands! Then Cesar takes one of the featured pit bulls to his "pack" and the dog just goes right on ahead with attacking all dogs within reach. Not such a quick fix I guess...

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Wow, and I missed it.

5. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

No, not a quick fix. In my opinion, still not fixed. I don't think this dog is going to get rehab so fast. A ticking time bomb. WOW!!! Sorry about not posting the show or time, just thought most knew when 'The Cesar' came on. ;) I was trying to hurry up and watch it.

Oh, and Dogtown is on now. Nat Geo.

6. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

My dad doesn't get the nat geo channel..... I got it confused with the discovery channel tonight and was searching madly for show times. lol

7. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Ok, so I just watched it. The dog in question was a beautiful year and a half old female blue and white pit bull named Trinity. The owners already had another two year old pit bull named Sandie when they brought Trinity home. The dogs go along great at first, and after the owners sent them both away for obedience training (not always a bright idea, the sending away part), the dogs came back fighting non-stop. The women owner said they got into a full blown fight everday for over a week! How you can continiously let your aggressive dogs get into fights for a week is beyond me. Seriously, it isn't that hard to prevent dog fights. Finally the owners decided to go with a crate and rotate, but they got tired of that as well. When Cesar came, he took the blue & white bitch to his dog psychology center. He let her into the pack with a muzzle on, and skip some things, he finally got her to be "safe" around the pack without a muzzle. As soon as the owners returned a month or so later to see her, she attacked another pit bull bitch. All the dogs were off leash at the time in an open area, and it soon escalted to a brief THREE DOG pit bull fight. The people/crew were trying to seperate the dogs with their hands, and didn't bring out any leashes until the dogs were pryed apart. While Trinity was fighting the pit bull bitch, another pit bull fight happened off screen (you could hardly see it, but it was there). Then Cesar locked the two bitches in a kennel together and let them relax with each other again. Cesar brought the owners into a trailer with ask them if they were willing to relinquish Trinity to him. While they were in there, ANOTHER dog fight occured inside the trailer between Trinity and Daddy. Cesar grabbed Trinity by the scruff and actually stuck his fingers in her mouth to pry the dogs apart. Now I know pit bulls are somehow great at avoiding human hands in a dog fight, but it was irresponsible nonetheless. The owners had even admitted earlier in the show that they have scars on their hands from breaking up dog fights between their two! Long story short, Cesar tells the owners Trinity is way too much dog for them, but they decide to change their habits and keep her anyway. It ends with Trinity returning to her home and being safe with their pit bull Sandie.

p.s. The way the owners were breaking up the dog fights themselves was by grabbing the dogs by their hind legs and wheel-barreling them backwards until they released their grips.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  8. WWII

WWII Banned

Who would've ever thought that free roaming pit bulls would fight?:eek:

9. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

:eek: I have never seen Ceaser's show and I have read complaints and good things about him. But just reading the recount of the show makes me have a very negative opinion on his training methods. Does he believe in using break sticks? It sounds like trying to pull a pit bull off who has a good grip on another dog could be disastrous.... Especially for the dog who is being attacked. And I'm assuming that Sandie the other pit bull was also female? Did the owners not know the danger of keeping two female pit bulls together? And
    ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? Do you mean the same two dogs who were previously fighting were locked in a kennel together??? Why why why does this dude have his own tv show on dog training?

10. GABulldog

GABulldog Big Dog

ya i saw the shows last night...good looking dogs on there.

11. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

p.s. The way the owners were breaking up the dog fights themselves was by grabbing the dogs by their hind legs and wheel-barreling them backwards until they released their grips.

And the fight Cesar helped stop, he did say not to pull them because it would only cause more tearing, but to let them hold. They had both dogs front legs off the ground and just held them close together till they could get the one dog defanged. The only really positive thing I saw the whole hour was his 5 minute comment at the beginning how one breed should not be discriminated against and banned, but the owner.

PS. There were four dogs in the fight. Two were his and they were fighting each other I thought. Not so calm and assertive.

12. I am not a fan of his bulky AMStaffs that he loves parading around so much.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008