1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Young pup with leg deformity

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Jsullivan, Mar 12, 2015.

1. edgar86

edgar86 Big Dog

Dried & crushed egg shell is good calcium source .
    Whole egg with shell is good to throw in the food also :)

2. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

quit bitchin at the guy some people are hard workin and just poor but good people I've seen Vet try and charge $100 to stitch up a dog for what they would call SURGERY And I did it for $10 And I got alittle money don't mean you go waste any of it it's hard to come by

3. rroscoe

was supposed to say $1,000 to stick up

4. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

well your just...another one..s-pose ya do open heart surgery..in your back-shed..a-lot off things ya can do your-self ,,,but some would rather leave the dog suffering...rather than pay a few $$$...to find out what the problem..is..in this case it's a simple fix...if ya want to try and do things on the cheap...don't expect ..????......ya don't have to spend thousands.....cheap ass

5. rroscoe

No I have grown up working hard from Detroit in the projects to The biggest house in the burbs plus some and more money then I ever thought I would have .. But I never forget for some people ,good people they just don't have the money to waste ..So my daughter dog gets a cut and it need stitches she calls a bunch of VETs they start with the emergency crap and the surgery crap and she does the math over $1,000 for THE surgery we are talking stitches It cost me about 5 bucks to do and any good REAL dog man will do the same , for this problem I would have switched the pup to purina puppy chow and mixed in milk every now and then ..But as for the cheap ass I've spend thousands and thousands on dogs that I've given away .and paid vet bills for others, bought food for others and rescued many pits so I'm a cheap ass ..you sure are a Smart person, I hope I can be as smart as some internet 'troll' some day QUOTE=BLUE8BULL;786077]well your just...another one..s-pose ya do open heart surgery..in your back-shed..a-lot off things ya can do your-self ,,,but some would rather leave the dog suffering...rather than pay a few $$$...to find out what the problem..is..in this case it's a simple fix...if ya want to try and do things on the cheap...don't expect ..????......ya don't have to spend thousands.....cheap ass[/QUOTE]

6. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...good for you.. telling others to avoid a vet when a dog needs it....go hug a tree...

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

[/QUOTE]

Well you look at the pups leg and tell me if it is as simple as a few stitches...... No it's not. And your right everyone doesn't have a lot of cash but I would never consider taking one of my dogs to the vet a waste of money. Of course logically some things can be solved without a vet but something to the effect of a bone or limb not being properly formed doesn't fall in the no need for a vet category.

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

8. Jsullivan

Jsullivan Pup

You are correct

9. Jsullivan

Jsullivan Pup

I'll take the criticism with the advice just want to thank everyone for the help. I'll take every suggestion under consideration.

10. c_note

c_note CH Dog

What do you guys think a vet would say? I'd be willing to bet they'd say what you guys said or give some calcium pills. Vets help, but only cause they got all the meds... If we could get the same meds as the vets, I bet more money there would be a lot fewer vet visits. A LOT. Think about shade tree mechanics. You could go to the dealership, or somebody else who's just as good. So what he fixes cars out of his garage?! Same with dogs IMO. If you didn't HAVE to go to the vet, would you? Ol boy down the way is just as good and been raising dogs longer

11. rroscoe

Tractor supply store has a lot of the meds for meds for animals ..

12. rroscoe

Here's the old me I would have put that dog down and went and ate some chips Period all you new guys can blow me if you want to run your dick suckers so much QUOTE=CajunBoulette205;786094][/QUOTE]

Well you look at the pups leg and tell me if it is as simple as a few stitches...... No it's not. And your right everyone doesn't have a lot of cash but I would never consider taking one of my dogs to the vet a waste of money. Of course logically some things can be solved without a vet but something to the effect of a bone or limb not being properly formed doesn't fall in the no need for a vet category.

March isn't the only month for Madness!![/QUOTE]

13. rroscoe

What kind of pussy can't work a dog and do alittle figuring as to a common problem that I have seen 20 years ago ..OH YOU

14. rroscoe

I guess I just figured if everyone had the money and access and free time to go to a vet , they would not be here asking for alittle help ..This place has a lot of posers ..Not real dog men there is a difference

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

roscoooooo...gofyour-self....all them rescues ya done...ya saw everything ...lol...j.sullivan..good-luck with the dogs..they look in good condition apart from the problem..which can be sorted..........

16. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Glad to her your pup is doing better

17. hometown

hometown Banned

try cod liver oil. i used for pup w/ rickets