1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Your input on the renascence bulldog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jairod83, Jun 20, 2015.

1. jairod83

jairod83 Pup

What's your take on this working breed, do you think they can handle the weather being hot there muzzle don't seem as short as the OEB, are they the same height as the APBT?

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

A friend bought a stud right from rennesance knls after waiting on a two year waiting list and paying close to 5k for the proven producer...
    He gave up on our bulldogs and wanted something more exceptable to the public, plus he was a peddeler and they were in at the time...
    After getting to really know his vet spending endless hours and money, he regreted trading his chea bulldogs for the exotics and admits the renesance is nothing more than a better version of an english bulldog and a worse version of a apbt...
    If you like more functional english bulldogs, sure they are cool...
    If you like alot less functional apbts, than they are a representaion of breeding the wrong way as far as form and function...
    As far as work, maybe theraphy dogs,lol...
    Any real work and they offer short burst and gas out and might die doing so, quick on a hot day...
    To hold a hog or human long enough for the handeler to control the situation is very, very far and few...
    Most cant breath very well and have soft pallets, but very rarley one will show to have better muzzles and lungs... rennesance had one exceptional dog that hasnt yet recreated himself even generationsss later, as far as I know...
    Rarley does any other breed offer much to apbt as far as traits, but the apbt seems to offer alot to others...
    Some types would be the cur crosses of hound and bulldog for catch work, the terrier crosses of patterdales and bulldog for smaller quarry work and the sight hound crossed with bulldog for lurcher work...
    I am not much a fan of american bulldogs as they seem to be an apbt crossed with a mastiff and the bigger they get the more they run out of gas quicker...
    There are more exceptional american bulldogs than rennesance bulldogs proving you cant fit a hundred pounds of bulldog in a fifty pound sack!!!
    Save your money and get a real bulldog...

3. Well stated I'm a proponent if there weights start getting over fifty pounds forget about or if I had my choice my pits would all weigh around 30# less food less poop easier however for catch work 50 # dog is plenty dog to hammer to hogs if in group no doubt