1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on proper chain setup

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by green machine, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

2. green machine

green machine Top Dog

I was not able to find any place near me that sold 1/4 inch grade 70 transport chain. I called and talked to Shane from stillwater and am getting everything sent from him, I cant remember exactly but he said he uses 5/something I cant remember, should that suffice or does it have to be 1/4in?

thanks again

3. green machine

green machine Top Dog

lol nevermind, im an idiot. hes sending me. 5/16 chain...bigger than 1/4 lol

4. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

i think he likes the zinc-plated stuff, or at least, that's what he told me one time. 5/16 is a bit bigger than i like, but it works. and that zinc-plated chain is awesome. holds up well, no rust. looks nice n shiny too, lol. if that's what he's sending you, i think you'll like it other than maybe the size.

5. green machine

green machine Top Dog

yup hes sending me the zinc plated stuff... i was gonna do 1/4 inch but if thats what he offers, im cool with it, i dont think its too overkill.

6. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

yeah, it'll be fine. i used the 5/16 for about a year until i could find the kind of 1/4 inch i wanted. i def like the 1/4 better, but the 5/16 worked fine.

7. green machine

green machine Top Dog

chain should be in in a day or 2. but I have bad ant problems on the yard, and want to spray the yard before i put the dog out.

can any one reccommend something to use thats safe?

8. chef_kergin

chef_kergin Big Dog

use diatomaceous earth. use the search function on here. there's also many other ideas in those threads as far as bug and pest control go. good luck.

9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

7dust or hi yield

10. green machine

green machine Top Dog

finally got the setup done. still have to get a barrell and make it into a barrell house but what im using now will do for right now.

heres some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

How much did it come to in total?

12. green machine

green machine Top Dog

45 for the chain and hardware, had the big bin for water, just cut it down to size. axel was 5 bucks and i fond the piece of pressure treated wood at lowes that was warped, they gave me 50% off so it came to 14 bucks. a friend gave me the dog house...so all in all it came to about 65 bucks.

13. cutt

cutt CH Dog

looks happy under that shade..

14. green machine

green machine Top Dog

thanks, he loves laying out there

I also throw in 2- frozen 2l bottles in the water bucket to help keep water cooled down a little during the day.
    [​IMG]

15. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

i like to keep my dogs in kennels but for now i have them chaind up