1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

your opinion

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by hatcherboy85, Mar 27, 2009.

1. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Ben I think i know who you are talking about. And the truth is a peddler is still a peddler.

2. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

What was Carver????

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Ya j you prolly do know who he is. I just found about him and his dogs. Right now I am all about nelson/ deloach dogs.I have not needed to leave my yard for like 8 years my dogs have been doing what i like and i think i got them where i want at this point.I just want to start working some new blood into my dogs.this year I will be going to yards with N/D dogs and checking them out.I wish i did not ruin the ones i started with but you live and learn

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

''What was Carver????'' he was a hustler, outlaw,and a hell of a good dogman that did what he had to do to get by.

5. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Yea but Carver was also an action man. And he new good dogs and also was hell to beat. Not some breeder that is living on paper and what dogs 4 gen ago did. Selling every pup to hit 8 weeks. I would be hard pressed to think of one peddler in the same class as Carver.

6. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

He was also a lier, a cheat, a theif, and a peddler.... BUT people looked past the man because of the Dogs....

7. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

You are going to have a hard time finding anyone who peddles dogs that aint a lier and cheat and most are theifs . Thats one thing that has not changed.

8. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

bobby rooster. you forgot he was also ''bi'' woops did I just say that:eek: I would get stuff off his yard any day I dont give heck if it had papers or not.

9. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Your 100% right... Well just look at our Hero's of yesteryear and days of old, they were no Saints... Our mythical idealization of what a dogman SHOULD be and what MOST really are, is in high contrast to one another in almost every case... Sad but TRUTH... This breed was made out of greed of money... Sad but TRUTH... Many of todays peddlers might Not be of the same caliber and high Rank as was Carver but their motives are not far apart...

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

''This breed was made out of greed of money... Sad but TRUTH''.NO WAY some just like the game.

11. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Ben, well this is where you and I differ, it's known that carver didn't quality check his females.. Its known that he bred show staffs and hung papers on them, its known he would cheat you out of your money if he got the chance...

If you want to deal with someone like that be my guest... I'm going with someone that I personally know and trust...

12. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Ben if you want to denie the creation of our breed then your mind set is no different than those who have pet bulls and take them to dog parks expecting them to just get along....

This breed was created out of human GREED... Greed of money, of pride, of selfishness... This breed as we know today was created for the sole purpose of gambling... They are the Race Horses of the dog world... If you denie this fact then you do not accept the HISTORY of what WE call THE Game Dog...

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

''your mind set is no different than those who have pet bulls and take them to dog parks expecting them to just get along'' Bobby rooster ur crazy as S### if you think that! that is CRAZY TALK.This breed was created out of human GREED... Greed of money, of pride, of selfishness.... maby some guys just wanted a bad ass dog the ''game'' is not all about money. I think you should write a book to explan to simple folks like me why we keep our dogs.

14. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

I tried staying away from this topic but some of you people sound stupid . I breed bullies and also gamier Gaff/Nevada blues . I have owned and own better traditional dogs than 99% of you guys on here actually than probably anyone you know. anyone would be lucky to own one of my dogs , but people want to talk shit because someone owns blue dogs , shows how stupid some people are . All dogs serve their perpose . I dont call my blues Apbt because their not . So you judge someone on that than your a fool plain and simple . So if Floyd sold Beagles for money his dogs would be junk? This bred was not created for the money i dont know what fool told you that. Ive never sold a traditional dog so i must do it for the money please!!

15. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

So you talk like you know the breeder of these dogs by saying know the man behind the dogs.. and than you say in the next post that you just found out about him.

And you don't care about papers and your calling my dog a mutt cur?

16. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

"just wanted a bad ass dog" So you are pretty much saying the same thing every idiot that gets these dogs and mistreat them and just have them to look more macho. Bet you look real cool walking your dogs pulling hard on the leash. Wow what a bad @ss.

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you arent following are ya HBs? [*******EDIT********] if FLOYD sold beagles, id bet he wouldnt be BREEDING FOR COLOR! "all dogs serve their purpose"...what, target practice? all them BYB currs in pounds arent serving a purpose, or am i wrong. you can keep them mutts and ill consider MYSELF lucky.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
  18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lol, Hells Bells! Every time I see a dog pulling it's owner down the street (to include pit bull owners) I think to myself "LAME! They can't even control their own dog!'" Another thought I have is perhaps they have a terrible case of insecurity between the legs so the compensate by letting their "'tough" dog drag them down the street. lol.

Anyway, to throw in my 02., IMO our breed was bred for sport. Like today's sports, some do bet on it, but some do not. Some make money on it, but others will set down a dog just to see who has the better dog & don't wager a one red cent.

As for the creation of our dogs being a result of pride, perhaps that is a factor. As long as man has dominion over other creatures, men have always said my son, my horse, my dog, my ox or my whatever is stronger, faster, tougher, gamer, etc. He wanted to "prove" HE had the better creature & thus pitting one creature against others sometimes for money but always for bragging rights (competition sport) was born.

As for every dog having a purpose, every dog DOES have a purpose. That purpose could be guarding, fighting, hunting game or simply being a good companion.

And the "mutts" in the shelters have purposes too, due to confinement & lack of good homes they just aren't being allowed to achive that purpose. If a certified carpenter is in county jail, does he have no purpose? Of course he does. If he were set free he could be gainfully employed as a carpenter & this furfill his purpose, but if he is locked up (shelter) he is obviously not physically allowed to do anything.

As for our breed being the throughbred of the dog world, I thought that title belonged to the greyhound ...? lol. J/K. I knew what you meant. :)

19. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

It's as simple as C.R.E.A.M
    Cash rules everything around me
    I wouldn't buy from the guy, but I can almost guarantee that is what this gentlemen you are refering to is after.........

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

HB you must had one pill to many when you posted that.. nothing i posted say I know the man.I am going to his yard and geting to know him and his dogs like I posted. You prolly think everyone tells the truth and take things at face value ya thats just the pills talking. ''And you don't care about papers and your calling my dog a mutt cur?'' WE ARE TALKING OF MATCH DOGS. Yes i will say your dog is part dalmation(sp) and you did not get it from no M.C .LOL I never walk any of my dogs down any street and if thay are on a leash it is a 20'' so they can pull all they want.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009