1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Your opinion

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Doggystyle, Feb 5, 2006.

1. You are correct. Two of my wife's dogs have 12.5% Razors Edge in them. Those two females are also proven game (against my wife's wishes). That website also has two males on it. One named Rock and one named Kane. We bought Rock from a friend over here in Japan because we both loved his father, who was bred down from old Hemphill/Wallace stock. His mother was a stocky little blue bitch who is also the mother of Kane. Kane, we just got not too long ago. He was "rescued" for lack of better explaination, from a bad situation. He has a lot of abuse-related issues that we are trying to work out right now, but he might be going back to his original breeder in May-June. JapanGame had a littermate brother of his that was also gorgeous. Kane now weighs a slender and defined 70 lbs, and I now have Rock on the raw diet and have recently shaven about 9 pounds of unwanted size off of him.

Yes, I do like big dogs, always have. However, my preference and orgin lies with game dogs...and the ethics, practices, and ideals that usually go into making them. No, I am not a fan of the R.E. bloodline, although I do like some of the dogs who started the line. I will never encompass R.E. in any breeding at this house. Look at my past posts about some of these dogs, and you'll see I refer to them as 'Staffs. I/we love all varieties of "pitbulls." Staffs, bulldogs, Pet bulls, Bluffs, proven match dogs....call them what you will...there is room in our heart for them all. Also, the pups on that site are not mine...just helpin out a friend.

I added some pics of Kane that i just took today. As you can see, he is not "a beast." He does have some huge friggin feet though. He wasn't bred for game or for color, although the breeders intent was to make a "show"-competition litter of dogs. If his obedience was better, I'd try him out at a UKC event.

When I said that her dog was probably better-bred than the other "Huge" dogs she was seeing...it simply meant that by the pics, her dog looked good, looked to be more in line with the standard, and obviously not bred for color. Thats all. Oh, and for the below quote from the webpage....YES, crossbreeding for size and mass contaminates the breed. Gonna argue??? God bless, have a nice day :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2006
  2. Let me correct something I said - The breeding that produced this dog, the breeders intentions were not for color purposes. He was heavily involved in UKC shows. That doesn't mean that the litters before him, the onese producting is parents and grandparents weren't for color.

These were his parents:

Attached Files:

3. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

So the person you bought the dog off didn't breed for color, yet bought dogs breed by people who breed for color? I don't get what you are trying to say.

4. its real simple. the breeder who produced this dog, Kane...had then intentions of the entire litter going on to be UKC show contenders. All I said was that I dont know the motive behind the past breedings that brought the pedigree into existance. what is there not to understand??? and i didn't buy the dog...i rescued him from a bad situation. personally, i dont give a damn how or why the dog was bred. he is a good k-9, with a big heart and fun-loving attitude, who needed to be relieved from the situation he was in...and i did it. no regrets, no apologies. there is nothing anyone can say against what i've done with him. he's healthier, happier, eating properly, getting exercise, gettin love and attention, and everything else. at the end of the day...i say screw how or why he was bred. he's my dog.

the only other male posted on that site is this one (pics taken 10 min ago). i dont think you were talkin about this one when you mentioned him being "huge" or a "beast" cuz i dont think anyone sane would use those adjectives about him:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2006
  5. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

It seems that a vast majority of dogs on your site either weren't raised by you or they weren't bred for game.

6. Well, there are only 4 dogs posted on the site, and 3 were raised by us. The 4th, a Staff named Kane, was not raised by us. We just got him in September and is over 2.5 years old.

No, the 4 dogs on the site were not bred for game purposes. However, the two females posted are 50% "game bred" and have both been well-tested. The two males on there were not bred for game and have not been tested.

As I have answered in the past...I enjoy game dogs while my wife enjoys the show dogs. She was freaked out by a yard accident a while back, and wants to lean toward the 'Staff blood a little more...and that's fine with me. The site linked at the bottom of my signature is her site (I do the design work) for the dogs that she chooses to bring into our home. I support her in everything she does, and infact, enjoy the hell out of those dogs. Don't care if they are not bred for game. Each one earns its food in someway or another. I guarantee there are no lazy dogs at this house! I choose not to advertise the game dogs which I keep in my yard...that is personal preference.

And that is why I dont bash people with "petbulls, bluffs, 'Staffs" or any of the other clever names ya'll have for them. I do think that alot of the bigger, blue, 'Staffs are irresponsibly bred, but to each his own. I offer what I know about each type of dog and each strain of blood as best as I know how, and come on here to talk to people who share my passions and expand my knowledge.

Personally, I've been in these dogs since about 16 years old, and have owned mostly Chinaman, Mayday, Bolio, and no-name game blood. The first two are my favorite bloodlines. I dont care if someone doesn't like that I also have 'Staffs in my yard...I couldn't give two squirts of piss.

But since this thread was not supposed to be about what type of dogs I own...like i was saying: Your dog looks good. There is no need to worry about head size. When its all said and done...it doesn't matter if you know her pedigree...as long as you are happy with your dog, she is happy with you, and everything is copasetic. Before this turned on me, I just wanted to say that I think your dog is beautiful...good luck and God Bless.

7. ..........

8. japangame

japangame Big Dog

Here is a backing to Iversons pits. I was a proud owner of Kane's full brother. He was as game as a dog i used to have in my yard named Chance. Iversonspits knows chance as he did take good care of him for a period of time. Chance was RBJ/Colby. Those are my Bloodlines of choice but I did have a couple of "Show" type APBTs. You can see Loc (Kane's Littermate) in my Gallery pulling my wife. If Iversons pits says something dont knock it. He has excellent views and points.

9. Thanks bro. Ya know, Troy wanted to work with chance after seein him a few times. I used to go out there with him and chance would tear his nails out of his feet tryin to attack motorcycles drivin by! :) Lol. He was a great dog. I wish I was still in contact with him. My girls grew up playin with him. A game dog with the BEST temprament anyone could ask for. I never knew his ped for sure until now. Figured he was Bolio/Rb bred. If my damn scanner still worked, I could send ya some nice pics of him...but it not in the cards right now.

10. japangame

japangame Big Dog

It's much apreciated. Chance I seriously believe is one of the best out there. And if I get him back, i have a good bitch to take him to, to bring more of the RBJ in.