1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

You've got to be kidding.....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by WWII, Sep 18, 2005.

1. jasong

jasong Big Dog

You guys must of read a different article than I did. This article had some great points in it. It talked about their loyalty toward their owners, their strong will, it talked about how a man aggressive dog can be treated and doesn't always have to be put down, it talked about irresponsible owners are the cause for most attacks. I mean come on people, the article wasn't all that bad. Yes it may have had a few facts wrong but in all this article was much more positive than negative. Please explain to me how this article was so bad, or how it makes people scared of the breed. Some of you need to read the whole thing before you pass judgement or you'll be acting just like those ASPCA people that put dogs down just because.

2. Chopper4me

Chopper4me Big Dog

This is half the reason why apbt's have a bad name! People are horrified to read crap like this! Us as owners know the truth! That article was bull@#*^.

3. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Those facts were just crazy! When I looked at the article, it was those facts that just popped out at me first. I didn't even want to read the article after seeing them... and that is probably how most felt.

4. jasong

jasong Big Dog

Yes some of the fact were crazy but that doesn't make the whole article shit. You must admit that it had several valid points and for anyone that took the time to read the whole thing would of saw that. It's when you jump to conclusions, like some of the haters out there, that this breed is hurt more. Take the time and read everything before you make an opinion about it.

5. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

I already know the facts about my breed and I don't need to read the artical to make any more judgements on the breed. It would be a good article if they left out the bullcrap "facts" that are just going to lead the uneducated to believe more bad things about pit bulls.

6. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I didnt read the article..didnt want to..but I sure hope to h #LL that they also noted that should should only be attempted by an experienced professional with years of experience dealing with these types of dogs... Yes, it depends on the reason the dog has become human aggressive but we dont need every wanna be trainer running around playing the dog whisperer and missing "cur"ucial signs or place that dog in a home where it ends up reverting back ..

7. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Dog whisperer.... Now wouldn't that be a cool job?

8. "Unlike German Shepherds, which lock their jaws, Pit Bulls move their back molars once they have bitten. Their lower jaw scissors back & forth to sever flesh from the bone."

Sounds pretty gory. When does the movie come out?

How about this part:

"Mr. Kirkpatrick told of one Pit Bull used for pig hunting that was badly gored by a Boar. [size=-1]It kept on at the pig until it (the pig) was dead, then it had its guts pushed back in and washed off with whisky and stitched up."[/size]

Also:

"From the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, they have gained attributes of a muscular dog, with a large, strong mouth and furrows to drain the victim’s blood away from their eyes. From the Bull Mastiff they gained a cold heart, lack of emotion, with a high pain threshold."

9. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

“We had a few 5-week-old puppies along to classes and when I went to shake its neck to chastise it, it turned around with such strength and tried to bite me’” he said. “
    [size=-1]This was a little puppy, but it had such incredible strength and absolutely no fear.” [/size]
    [size=-1]“The owners had done everything right, but in the end of the day they had to put it down.” [/size]
    [size=-1]If a dog has that level of inbred aggression, it is only suitable for guard work, in close quarters behind a fence where no humans are allowed. [/size]
    [size=-1]Keeping a Pit Bull is like taking a Lion from the zoo and putting i[/size]t on a leash in the street.

So they put a 5week old puppy down because it does what ALL puppies do? Bites.
    Uh oh. Mine's teething. Guess I should put him down because he's been nibbling on my fingers lately. Who knows? He may bite one off!!!

10. jasong

jasong Big Dog

Yes they did stretch it and make some shit up but that doesn't mean the whole article was shit. That's all I was saying. The article wasn't totally bad like some of you made it out to be. Believe me there has been hundreds of other articles on our breed that make this one look like peaches a cream. This article is mild compared to others. At least this article tried to defend our breed in a few instances.

11. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Well like I said earlier, this article was written in the 1990's and hopefully by now they have learned the whole truth about pit bulls.

12. WWII

WWII Banned

No, the only positive thing they said was that some 2 year old pit bull was trained not to be vicious. Other than that, it was a crap article doing nothing but savaging our breed.

13. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

The lower jaw scissors back and forth to rend flesh from the bone" LOL.. I cant stop lauging about that one. That is the funnniest thing I have ever heard in my life!! They serisously put that in the facts area!

these people are idiots, plain and simple.

I havent laughed that hard in a while.